sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 26, 2015 8:24 pm  #1

Viewer Alert: Remarkable Doc On Legendary Musician

You don't have to be a fan of Glen Campbell's music to acknowledge the guy has made an incredible contribution to pop music,  both in his solo career and as a sought after session musician on hundreds of classic tunes. Which is why a two hour special airing this Sunday on the ailing  star is must see TV for me. It's called "Glen Campbell...I'll Be Me" and deals with his ongoing struggle with Alzheimer's disease, which has effectively put an end to his public life.

What's unusual about this is where and how it's airing. It's on CNN of all places, which has recently been trying to expand beyond breaking (and sometimes very old) news. The show is being sponsored by a pharmaceutical outfit which has agreed to present it with only limited commercial breaks.

First airing is 9 pm Sunday, with another showing thereafter. All presuming there's no actual news happening at the time. May well be worth a look, despite the somewhat depressing focus.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/opinions/glen-campbell/

Last edited by RadioActive (June 26, 2015 8:29 pm)

June 26, 2015 11:54 pm  #2

Re: Viewer Alert: Remarkable Doc On Legendary Musician

Thank you so much for this.  My PVR is all set for it.

Wasn't able to catch the Toronto showing during HotDocs.

I'm just glad I was able to see his last gig at the CNE a couple years ago.  I was sitting beside a couple of young kids in their 20s who were guitar players and even they told me aftter the show they were blown away with some of licks he was still able to put out in his condition.