sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2017 9:43 am  #1

Jian Ghomeshi Resurfaces Online

While he was never actually convicted of anything legally, the court of public opinion would not appear to be high on a career resurgence for disgraced ex-CBC host Jian Ghomeshi. But he's apparently ready to resurface, at least in the relative safety of cyberspace, with a new podcast-like show that is, to these ears, six-plus minutes of completely incomprehensible new age-speak.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the first episode of whatever this is is called "Exiles."

It's part of something called "The Ideation Project" and it's described on its site this way: 

"The Ideation Project is a creative adventure with the aim of taking a bigger picture view on newsworthy issues and culture, with the goal of asking questions and starting conversations.The Ideation Project is a new media creative project that features all original words, music, recording and production. The content covers a variety of topics from politics to philosophy to pop culture and the human condition." 

Anyone here think the former Q host will be welcome back?

The Ideation Project

April 10, 2017 10:17 am  #2

Re: Jian Ghomeshi Resurfaces Online

Considering we just buried the 'father of rock n' roll' who was a true first class diddler, I'd suggest people have short memories.   As was pointed out, Gian was never convicted, nor was there ever really a chance he would be. (IMHO).

I wish him luck.  I tried listening, it's not for me, but neither was Q for that matter.  

It might be a bit before he's back on a terrestrial stick, but I never did believe he was gone forever.  Smart people do dumb things, dumb people do dumb things.  Smart people are still smart after the fact, and have a value.

ig.

Ps.  I've known quite a few lecherous pricks in my time, and been accused of being one far more than once.  One of the many reasons I'm not casting stones.

RadioActive wrote:

While he was never actually convicted of anything legally, the court of public opinion would not appear to be high on a career resurgence for disgraced ex-CBC host Jian Ghomeshi. But he's apparently ready to resurface, at least in the relative safety of cyberspace, with a new podcast-like show that is, to these ears, six-plus minutes of completely incomprehensible new age-speak.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the first episode of whatever this is is called "Exiles."

It's part of something called "The Ideation Project" and it's described on its site this way: 

"The Ideation Project is a creative adventure with the aim of taking a bigger picture view on newsworthy issues and culture, with the goal of asking questions and starting conversations.The Ideation Project is a new media creative project that features all original words, music, recording and production. The content covers a variety of topics from politics to philosophy to pop culture and the human condition." 

Anyone here think the former Q host will be welcome back?

The Ideation Project

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

April 10, 2017 4:08 pm  #3

Yo Jian... [is that how ya spell it?] ...You were always multi-TONS over-rated as far as I was concerned.  And just because your 'day' in court proved to only be a 'half day'...doesn't mean for one fleeting moment that I ever considered, even for a split-second, that you were ever innocent...

Go away.  You give us all a bad name.  And...stay WELL away from my daughters.  You wanted to be David Bowie? In what regard?  That would have required talent and ability.  Those assets have eluded you to this point...rather like credibility.

Try kite flying.

April 10, 2017 6:34 pm  #4

Hilarious. Everyone high-horses it until he starts delivering listeners to advertisers.

April 11, 2017 11:21 pm  #5

High horse?  Balls!!!  Dirty Donnie's pussy grabbin' is acceptable too I suppose.  Women deserve a better response than THAT...  Ask your wife.  Your daughter.  Your grand daughter.  But then I think the dames should have the only say [with their chosen doctor] about what they'll do with the own bodies...and that they should be paid the exact same amount to 'snort and cavort' as I am.

As for Jian?  He's just a dink.

Where should I put my saddle?

April 12, 2017 9:54 am  #6

Ghomeshi hosted the most-listened-to morning radio program in the Southern Ontario & Western North York region and yet is dismissed as a "greasy mofo", as "tons over rated", and "just a dink".

So who had been listening? 

April 12, 2017 12:35 pm  #7

His victims?

April 12, 2017 1:01 pm  #8

For Jian there are a couple of things that have not happened yet.  Time, I don't think enough has passed for people to be ready for him again.  Dirty Donnie can get away with his grabbing statements because in the end it did not veer too far away from his perceived demeanor.  For Jian who was probably seen as affable, a nice guy, a feminist and his now self admitted predilections are polar opposites to his perceived demeanor.  Donnie can get away with Jian not so much.

He has not had his Oprah/Barbara Walters moment yet.  Until that happens there is little chance that he will garner much sympathy.  Seeing as he once interviewed Barbara and she gushed over his interview skills she would be a natural.  It could be a fascinating interview.  I am at a loss to name a Canadian equivalent to Oprah.Barbara that would be as effective, certainly not Ben.

Finally apart from his facebook admission to engaging in "unusual" and "consensual" activities he really hasn't come clean about all of this.  While he was properly found not guilty he is far from innocent and until he talks to that there will be little appetite for the masses to hear from him again.

I am not sure after any of this happens I would still be ready because I always felt as a listener it was Jian, his guest and just me listening and if he were to try to recreate that vibe it would seem too intimate.  I am not sure that sort of intimacy would sound right.  To me it would seem a little creepy and that is the realty that Jian is going to have to face.  He is going to have to reinvent himself in a way that is much less intimate to the listener.

April 12, 2017 1:21 pm  #9

April 13, 2017 8:47 am  #10

grilled.cheese wrote:

I don't care much for government controlled media. 

how about media-controlled calendar?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/national-grilled-cheese-month/

April 13, 2017 11:04 am  #11

grilled.cheese wrote:

I only follow the Julian calendar.  

Frank Proctor plays Julian's father's music on AM 740