sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2017 3:46 pm  #1

640 a.m.

Had hopes for the morning show on 640, but I'm out.  Not a fan of tag-team hosts to begin with, but the female half of the duo just doesn't cut it.  Matt Gurney might be okay on his own, if he slowed down the delivery a little.  John Moore gets my business until Stafford starts at 9.

January 30, 2017 3:49 pm  #2

Re: 640 a.m.

Charlie wrote:

John Moore gets my business until Stafford starts at 9  

what about afternoon drive, Chuck?

January 30, 2017 4:05 pm  #3

geo wrote:

Charlie wrote:

John Moore gets my business until Stafford starts at 9  

what about afternoon drive, Chuck?

John Oakley (again, not a fan of co-hosting), although he seems to be absent as often as on-air these days!

February 1, 2017 6:40 am  #4

We are in agreement that Oakley's program on 640 AM around 6:40 a.m. was preferable to it at 6:40 p.m. on 640 AM

February 1, 2017 12:16 pm  #5

geo wrote:

We are in agreement that Oakley's program on 640 AM around 6:40 a.m. was preferable to it at 6:40 p.m. on 640 AM

posted at 6:40 am

February 1, 2017 6:41 pm  #6

Johnny is back on AM 640.    Can Susan G. Cole, Buzz Hargrove, Baron Black of Crossharbour, Gretta Vosper, Arthur Fonzarelli & Charles McVety be far behind?

February 1, 2017 6:51 pm  #7

My AM640 mornings start at 9 am now, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone there. The Morning show pounds through so  many topics it's indigestible.  

February 1, 2017 7:40 pm  #8

tc143 wrote:

My AM640 mornings start at 9 am now, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone there. The Morning show pounds through so  many topics it's indigestible.  

Yup.  Slow it down.  Have one capable host.  The format is un-listenable on a daily basis.  I don't care if your name rhymes with 'spaghetti', I don't love you.

February 2, 2017 7:56 am  #9

My cat's name is Mittens. 

February 2, 2017 8:08 am  #10

geo wrote:

Johnny is back on AM 640.    Can Susan G. Cole, Buzz Hargrove, Baron Black of Crossharbour, Gretta Vosper, Arthur Fonzarelli & Charles McVety be far behind?

Well, we know 'The Raging Bull' won't be making a come-back.

February 2, 2017 8:49 am  #11

grilled.cheese wrote:

My cat's name is Mittens. 

Recommend you keep your pussy away from Pres. Trump

February 3, 2017 4:57 pm  #12

Charlie wrote:

geo wrote:

You're not far off.  None other than Krazy Harry Kopyto was back on with Oakley today.  Can The Menzoid be far behind?

February 3, 2017 7:06 pm  #13

Oakley likes to bounce thoughts off of his charges (as he used to say), so Cauchon and Vanstone were always eager and willing, but with his new time and producer, not so much. Luckily, he still has Cam. The schedule was bound to change, I'm not sure I like it yet.

March 20, 2017 1:33 pm  #14

I tried the 5:30 to 9AM on 640 and I can't take it.  They should do a bedtime show.  I think the changes benefited 604 from 1-2 and 2-4.  Tasha K is excellent.  Cutrara is an improvement over McArthur.  The departure of Lyndsey Vanstone and Oakley's move has hurt his show.  The lively debate and humour that was present with Ryan, Lynsey and Patrick with Oakley and Stafford is missing in the morning.  HP is doing great on Stafford but the team of Mike, Ryan and Patrick was great to listen to.  On the edge and a bit crazy.  I loved it.  I don't see Oakley coming back to the AM because I suspect he requested the move.  But for god sakes AM640, we want to hear more from your youngins Ryan, Patrick, HP and Lynsey and less from Matt, Supriya and Jeff.

March 20, 2017 2:35 pm  #15

Jimmi wrote:

I don't see Oakley coming back to the AM  

Join us @ High Street and ask him yourself ! ! ! 

March 20, 2017 3:46 pm  #16

Jimmi wrote:

I tried the 5:30 to 9AM on 640 and I can't take it.  They should do a bedtime show.  I think the changes benefited 604 from 1-2 and 2-4.  Tasha K is excellent.  Cutrara is an improvement over McArthur.  The departure of Lyndsey Vanstone and Oakley's move has hurt his show.  The lively debate and humour that was present with Ryan, Lynsey and Patrick with Oakley and Stafford is missing in the morning.  HP is doing great on Stafford but the team of Mike, Ryan and Patrick was great to listen to.  On the edge and a bit crazy.  I loved it.  I don't see Oakley coming back to the AM because I suspect he requested the move.  But for god sakes AM640, we want to hear more from your youngins Ryan, Patrick, HP and Lynsey and less from Matt, Supriya and Jeff.

Agreed about Tasha K.  She's very good.  Cutrara and Jim Richards are an unenthusiastic coin toss.  Disagree about Stafford, though.  I was glad when Ryan left.  Too often it was just Mike and Patrick teaming up on the stooge.  Ryan can't really be as stupid as he was forced to act.  It got tired.  Stafford is a total pro, and now that Ryan isn't around, Patrick doesn't come across as a dick.  I still like Oakley, even in the afternoon.  The a.m. show blows.

March 20, 2017 5:33 pm  #17

I tune in to hear the HOST of the show and not the hired help. Listening to the button jockey, janitor and homeless bum that sleeps outside the station is a massive turnoff. If 640 actually had people do their jobs and not volley to empty their impacted bowels into the mics, then maybe the ratings would be up.

March 21, 2017 9:12 am  #18

Charlie wrote:

Jimmi wrote:

Agreed about Tasha K.  She's very good.  Cutrara and Jim Richards are an unenthusiastic coin toss.  Disagree about Stafford, though.  I was glad when Ryan left.  Too often it was just Mike and Patrick teaming up on the stooge.  Ryan can't really be as stupid as he was forced to act.  It got tired.  Stafford is a total pro, and now that Ryan isn't around, Patrick doesn't come across as a dick.  I still like Oakley, even in the afternoon.  The a.m. show blows.

Charlie, sounds like you were quite a regular listener to a program you disliked. Guess it was just too damn difficult to reach out and change the dial. Sorry to hear that.

March 21, 2017 9:20 am  #19

I always listen to shows I hate.  It gives me fuel to post online and let my invalid opinions be heard!

March 21, 2017 10:51 am  #20

Fjiri wrote:

Charlie wrote:

Jimmi wrote:

Charlie, sounds like you were quite a regular listener to a program you disliked. Guess it was just too damn difficult to reach out and change the dial. Sorry to hear that.

Yup.  I wanted to like it, and gave it a couple of months, but gave up when it just became annoying.  My opinion of the show is an educated one, and it was very easy to reach out and change the dial upon making my decision.  No reason to be sorry.  I'm not.

March 22, 2017 12:58 am  #21

My 2-cents:
For me, when I listen, it's

John Moore - hard to beat: intelligent, articulate and non-partisan.
Stafford
Jimberley - but I'll bounce depending on the topics being discussed.
Oakley

•  Doyle was at his best when he was with John Downs. I'm surprised he's still on the air.
•  I can only take about 5 minutes of DiGiulio.

Last edited by Justalistener (March 22, 2017 12:59 am)

March 29, 2017 7:43 am  #22

grilled.cheese wrote:

I always listen to shows I hate.  It gives me fuel to post online and let my invalid opinions be heard!

News/talk 1010's 8:30 a.m. news listeners were shocked to learn this morning that Tim Horton's debit machines are down across the country.     John Moore added colour commentary after the news segment ended  

March 29, 2017 8:09 am  #23

Luckily Moore was there to see us through tough times.  

March 29, 2017 8:34 am  #24

WikiLeaks is pointing at both Ancaster + Moscow

March 30, 2017 6:50 pm  #25

One thing just about everybody around here agrees on is respect for Stafford.  CFRB must regret pushing that great talent out the door.  They could really use him in a number of slots.

Last edited by Charlie (March 30, 2017 6:51 pm)

March 31, 2017 2:04 am  #26

Charlie wrote:

One thing just about everybody around here agrees on is respect for Stafford.  CFRB must regret pushing that great talent out the door.  They could really use him in a number of slots.

Stafford really should be doing mornings. I'm not sure what is up with that. 

March 31, 2017 7:53 am  #27

Radiowiz wrote:

Stafford really should be doing mornings  

What is his position on yellow crayon retirement controversy

March 31, 2017 8:14 am  #28

I'm sure he'll wax eloquent.

Kilgore wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Stafford really should be doing mornings  

What is his position on yellow crayon retirement controversy

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.