sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2024 9:01 pm  #1

To Quote Monty Python, "I Don't Like Spam!"

My apologies to all and thanks to everyone who advised me about the spam post that got through. I have been off board most of the day and didn't see it until now. But it has been deleted and I appreciate the eagle eyes of all who reported it. 

Here's how it got there and what user Lorne alluded to in the now deleted post. 

For the past year (or maybe even longer) I've been receiving membership requests from some pretty strange email addresses and names. I would venture to say there have been hundreds of them in the past few months. They have a "tell" which I won't reveal here, but I'm now able to spot almost all of them. Inevitably, with that number, one of them got by me. That was the one some of you saw on Saturday. 

Actually, I'm kind of glad in a way this happened. I've long wondered what they would do with access and now I - and all of you - know. It's been tough to police this, and they're still coming. But as noted, I'm well aware what to look for. 

My apologies for that brief glitch and we now return you to our regular SOWNY programming, already in progress. 

April 6, 2024 9:17 pm  #2

Re: To Quote Monty Python, "I Don't Like Spam!"

Bloody Vikings!