sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2024 4:56 pm  #1

More Nonsense with Sports Channels!!

Watching the Curling and switching back in forth with the Blue Jays Game.  The sound levels between the channels is ridiculous...one too high (Sportsnet) and one to low (TSN)  Have mentioned this before  but nothing has changed.....using Bell Satellite.   Incidentally all equipment is working fine.    My new complaint is...who is minding the store...brief pause in the ball game and half a dozen commercials are shown...back to the ballgame two runs have scored...happened again with  the ending of the inning.  The American commentators are not that good...not sure if they know where Toronto is.   Life goes on but it is irritating and getting worse.   

March 10, 2024 4:02 am  #2

Re: More Nonsense with Sports Channels!!

If one is too high and one is too low why not adjust your volume to fix one of the two problems?
The rest of this is too hard to follow.

March 10, 2024 7:02 am  #3

Great suggestion, Tommy, to adjust the volume  I bet Jac did that.
I was able to follow the rest of his comment

March 10, 2024 7:49 am  #4

The solution for the Volume problem is to buy speakers for the TV.
This way you can have BOTH TV and speaker volume on for one, and TV volume only, on for the other.
(meaning, turn off the speakers, but leave the TV volume on)
Problem solved.  

In a perfect world we wouldn't have to touch anything in the first place, but unfortunately, it's not a perfect world.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 10, 2024 10:43 am  #5

I have no problem with the sound levels on the sports channels of which I have 10.  The one channel that always seems to have low and erratic levels is the Weather Network. I think the volume issue is with them.

All other channels I receive with Bell Fibe don't usually require much adjusting and I do have separate speakers for the television.  I do as Radiowiz mentioned, use the volume for the television for both the speakers and TV.  Good clean stereo sound.