sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 29, 2024 9:55 am  #1

Canadian Host Of Cash Cab Gets Weekend Gig On Boom 97.3

If you've seen the game show "Cash Cab," you'll certainly know the host behind the wheel - Adam Growe. Now he'll be the host behind the mic, as he joins Boom 97.3 for a weekend shift. It's not his first time - he was with the station many years ago and has returned for one long shift - Sunday mornings from 9 AM - 3 PM.

Also on hand: Lexine Stephens, who did swing for the station back in the 90s before finding work out west. She's doing the same time slot, only on Saturdays. 

February 29, 2024 10:22 am  #2

Re: Canadian Host Of Cash Cab Gets Weekend Gig On Boom 97.3

Just noticed that in that publicity pic above, you can see the City TV logo reflected in the top left corner of the windshield!

March 1, 2024 10:32 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Just noticed that in that publicity pic above, you can see the City TV logo reflected in the top left corner of the windshield!

I believe the photo is from a promo for the new series of Cash Cab. After nine years off the air, it returns Monday March 4th as Cash Cab Music, where all the questions are music trivia. It airs on GameTV. As a fan of music trivia, I'll certainly check it out.

March 1, 2024 5:05 pm  #4

I remember Adam Growe's first stint at 97.3, back in the EZ Rock days (around the mid to late 90s, I would say). If memory serves me correctly, he hosted a Sunday shift back then as well.