sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2024 5:03 pm  #1

Ben Wagner Gets A New Radio Baseball Gig And It's A Good One

The former Blue Jays voice will now be calling games for the Baltimore Orioles. He'll split between radio and TV, a step up from the mostly audio-only role he had with the Jays.

It means the next time he visits the Dome, he'll be rooting for the other side, one of the Jays' annoying jinx teams! 

Ben Wagner The New Voice Of The Baltimore Orioles

February 23, 2024 5:09 pm  #2

Re: Ben Wagner Gets A New Radio Baseball Gig And It's A Good One

Now we have to tolerate Ben Schulman. 
Note to Ben Schulman:  Just stick to play-by-play and never mind the never-ending extemporaneous conversations about anything except the game.

February 23, 2024 5:34 pm  #3

I would still love to know why Wagner's contract was not renewed. In the history of Toronto radio baseball, it doesn't happen often that a familiar voice is let go. Wagner and Mike Wilner are the exceptions to the rule overall.

February 24, 2024 7:49 am  #4

Wagner....gone and forgotten...One of the most untalented sports broadcasters I have heard

Last edited by peter (February 24, 2024 7:50 am)

February 24, 2024 9:37 am  #5

Well, that's good news. I'm glad to hear he landed on his feet.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

February 24, 2024 12:43 pm  #6

peter wrote:

Wagner....gone and forgotten...One of the most untalented sports broadcasters I have heard

Why don't you present your illustrious resumé .. we trust it will be quite impressive .. 

February 25, 2024 8:42 am  #7

A personal opinion doesn't require a resume, even an illustrious one...duh! Many here state their opinions (pro/con) on many topics and no supportive documentation is required. 

February 25, 2024 1:16 pm  #8

No, but discussion ensues which is the entire point of discussion board.
I’m only a casual fan but I don’t understand why some hated Ben Wagner so passionately.
He had a pleasant enough voice and didn’t seem to miss anything that was happening on the field.
As a definite non-expert, I’d be interested to know what I missed. I’m not saying you’re wrong at all, but I’m interested in what he lacked.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (February 25, 2024 11:22 pm)