sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2024 9:40 am  #1

What gives 1010?

Although I am not a huge fan of CFRB airing CP24 weekend mornings, I tuned in to catch some headlines this morning and instead heard Jerry Agar. I checked their schedule and it should have been CP24, as it was on Saturday morning. I can’t help but feel that they’re starting to wing it at 1010 of late, not a professional look but maybe they don’t care anymore or no longer have the staff, or both.

February 18, 2024 9:56 am  #2

Re: What gives 1010?

Could be related to this:
https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=11553
CP24 wasn't live itself this time yesterday.

February 18, 2024 10:00 am  #3

The lights are on but nobody's home.

February 18, 2024 10:04 am  #4

Shorty Wave wrote:

Although I am not a huge fan of CFRB airing CP24 weekend mornings, I tuned in to catch some headlines this morning and instead heard Jerry Agar. I checked their schedule and it should have been CP24, as it was on Saturday morning. I can’t help but feel that they’re starting to wing it at 1010 of late, not a professional look but maybe they don’t care anymore or no longer have the staff, or both.

And the hour before that, at 7 AM, they were airing a reroll of The Rush with Deb Hutton. 

It's bad enough they're running old news on CP24, but I guess it would be far worse to put it on CFRB at the same time. 

Bell Media's product just keeps getting worse and worse and it doesn't appear they care about it in any way.