sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2024 6:33 pm  #1

Cineplex facing 2 class action lawsuits

A Vancouver based law firm is presenting Cineplex theatres with 2 class action law suits over online booking fees. When you buy tickets online movie goers will pay a small fee (hidden) of $1.50. 

This law firm, is taking legal action as of this week and it could hit the theatre company where it is hurting most, (on the bottom line and in customer care/trust.

Here is more.   

https://mobilesyrup.com/2024/01/24/cineplex-two-class-action-lawsuits-online-booking-fees/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

January 27, 2024 4:32 am  #2

Re: Cineplex facing 2 class action lawsuits

Landmark Cinemas brought in the same fee last year, so they may be getting the same attention soon.

January 27, 2024 10:50 am  #3

while we're at it, perhaps we should sue Cineplex for putting "edible oil product" on their popcorn instead of good old butter.

January 27, 2024 4:16 pm  #4

betaylored wrote:

while we're at it, perhaps we should sue Cineplex for putting "edible oil product" on their popcorn instead of good old butter.

I am soooooo over ever going to a movie theatre again. 🤣

January 27, 2024 4:52 pm  #5

I believe they were already sued for advertisements before the movie, but they're still doing it, so obviously
the penalties were insufficient.

January 27, 2024 4:56 pm  #6

Chrisphen wrote:

I believe they were already sued for advertisements before the movie, but they're still doing it, so obviously
the penalties were insufficient.

What, why?

Same with the service fee. So what? It's not tacked on after you've already agreed to buy.

This isn't food or shelter; It's Hollywood movies. Take it or leave it. If enough people leave it, the so-called problem will fix itself.