sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2024 10:34 am  #1

It's Happened! A Radio Spot Worse Than Spence!

I never thought it was possible that I would hear a spot on the radio that was more irritating than the gang at Spence Diamonds. But they've done it! 

It's the one where a woman is in a shower singing horribly off key in the background, at one point screeching horribly towards the end. I'm not entirely sure what it's for, because the screaming is so distracting, I totally tune out what the copy voice is trying to sell me. 

And it's not just me. By sheer coincidence, just as I was thinking about this, I heard John Moore wondering about the agony of the audition process for this commercial, where the person who sings worse than anyone else got the part. I hadn't thought of that, but how hard would it be to sound that awful? 

In any event, I hope whatever this is is short-lived. Then they can use this awful spot to torture spies and get them to talk. 

January 18, 2024 11:35 am  #2

Re: It's Happened! A Radio Spot Worse Than Spence!

RadioActive wrote:

I never thought it was possible that I would hear a spot on the radio that was more irritating than the gang at Spence Diamonds. But they've done it! 

It's the one where a woman is in a shower singing horribly off key in the background, at one point screeching horribly towards the end. I'm not entirely sure what it's for, because the screaming is so distracting, I totally tune out what the copy voice is trying to sell me. 

And it's not just me. By sheer coincidence, just as I was thinking about this, I heard John Moore wondering about the agony of the audition process for this commercial, where the person who sings worse than anyone else got the part. I hadn't thought of that, but how hard would it be to sound that awful? 

In any event, I hope whatever this is is short-lived. Then they can use this awful spot to torture spies and get them to talk. 

Haven't been subjected to this one yet, fortunately, but I find it hard to believe anything could possibly be worse than 'Pay att-en-tion to punc-tu-ation!' Fiona.

January 18, 2024 11:45 am  #3

This is what Fiona might sound like if she attempted to sing in the shower. 

January 18, 2024 12:27 pm  #4

They've really got to stop with the fake Dutch accents. Yeah they've made their point sticking it to that other Dutch goof from the other jewelry store, but now it's just beating a dead corpse.

It's the type of anti-humour that would have Jim Richards in stitches. No-one else, though.

January 18, 2024 12:33 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

This is what Fiona might sound like if she attempted to sing in the shower. 

The horror...

January 18, 2024 1:42 pm  #6

I believe it is brought to us by the Toronto Police Association.

January 18, 2024 4:47 pm  #7

Oddly, in a great moment of good timing, this week's Under The Influence was about terrible radio and TV spots that were so bad they became famous and lasted for years. 

Among those that are explored:

-I've Fallen & I Can't Get Up
-It's Patrick. He Bought Life Insurance 
-Russell "The Cashman" Oliver and of course,
-The "Nooobody" catch phrase from the soon to be defunct Bad Boy

This was a great episode and if you have about 27 minutes, you can hear it here

January 18, 2024 6:26 pm  #8

RadioActive wrote:

Oddly, in a great moment of good timing, this week's Under The Influence was about terrible radio and TV spots that were so bad they became famous and lasted for years. 

Among those that are explored:

-I've Fallen & I Can't Get Up
-It's Patrick. He Bought Life Insurance 
-Russell "The Cashman" Oliver and of course,
-The "Nooobody" catch phrase from the soon to be defunct Bad Boy

This was a great episode and if you have about 27 minutes, you can hear it here

Spence hears about these atrocities, and says 'Hold my beer...'

January 18, 2024 7:47 pm  #9

The singing in the shower ad is for Air Transat.
Speaking of singing in the shower I want to smash my TV screen when I see that stupid ad for Head and Shoulders where the black guys and one white woman sing while shampooing their hair.
I can't tell what they are singing in the droning monotone chant they sing in.
All I get is the first line "How deep in my scalp does it go?"
I lose it from there.