sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2024 1:44 am  #1

Spence Diamonds Ads

The good news is that Spence Diamonds has apparently smothered that scream, which is bad enough to trigger PTSD from their ads.
   But the bad news is that their ads remain among the worst on the air waves. Perhaps they'll soon make a new one in which Fiona is forced to row home solo across the Atlantic.

January 11, 2024 4:58 am  #2

Re: Spence Diamonds Ads

dieter wrote:

The good news is that Spence Diamonds has apparently smothered that scream, which is bad enough to trigger PTSD from their ads.
But the bad news is that their ads remain among the worst on the air waves. Perhaps they'll soon make a new one in which Fiona is forced to row home solo across the Atlantic.

Make her swim.

January 11, 2024 9:55 am  #3

There is a new television ad for a gambling site or something of that ilk, that is so stupid , I would be humiliated to admit I was involved in the production of any sort. A woman in a pink outfit is supposedly in the presence of a President of what I assume is the USA , from that point I'm not sure what happens as I hit my back button to get that horrendous image out of my line of vision. The entire premise is just silly, I can't believe the advertiser actually approved this to be broadcast. 

January 11, 2024 10:02 am  #4

The woman in the pink outfit is actually actress and talk show host Drew Barrymore. Make of this what you will - https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230105005981/en/Drew-Barrymore-Puts-the-%E2%80%98O%E2%80%99-in-Bingo-With-2023-Bingo-Blitz-Campaign#:~:text=Drew%20Barrymore%20said%3A&text=all%20my%20friends.-,I%20love%20that%20it's%20a%20game%20that%20everybody%20around%20the,love%20that%20it%20is%20free.

January 12, 2024 10:56 am  #5

I love Drew but there is no question that Bingo Blitz ad is terrible...I even joked with my partner how John & Lionel must be spinning in their respective resting places.

Worse than Drew appearing in it...someone pitched the idea, and then someone else had to give the green light.

January 28, 2024 10:46 am  #6

dieter wrote:

After hearing the latest batch of new ads featuring Fiona helping to shill the diamonds, I can only hope we can implement deportation orders as soon as possible. And by the way, half the time you can't understand a word she says, not really a great thing when you're advertising. 

And oh yeah, I also heard a new version this week that brings back the scream. So you can't even get away from that!

January 28, 2024 1:40 pm  #7

RadioActive wrote:

dieter wrote:

After hearing the latest batch of new ads featuring Fiona helping to shill the diamonds, I can only hope we can implement deportation orders as soon as possible. And by the way, half the time you can't understand a word she says, not really a great thing when you're advertising. 

And oh yeah, I also heard a new version this week that brings back the scream. So you can't even get away from that!

Not only does 'Fiona' have the worst voice in the history of radio advertising, I agree it's hard to even make out what the old bag is saying most of the time, not that I give a damn.

January 29, 2024 10:05 am  #8

I finally realised that they're trying to do Scottish accents. Not Dutch.

Christ, what an embarrassment for everyone involved with making these ads.

January 30, 2024 10:29 am  #9

But we’re talking about their ads, so do they work? And yes, they are terrible!

January 30, 2024 11:44 am  #10

Shorty Wave wrote:

But we’re talking about their ads, so do they work? And yes, they are terrible!

I know of the brand. I will also cross town to avoid them because of this.