sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2024 3:59 pm  #1

Rogers & Bell To Increase Prices On Some Cell Phone Plans

Despite assurances to the government during the approval of the Shaw deal that they'd be lowering the cost of cell phones to consumers, it's more of the same for some Rogers customers. Is anyone here surprised? A red leopard doesn't change its spots.

"While a Rogers spokesperson said many customers will see a price hike under $7, the increases could be as high as $9 per month, depending on the customer's plan or bundle with their carrier. The hikes apply only to customers who are not on contract.   

Customers who have been notified by Rogers will start seeing the new price applied to bills issued after Jan. 17." 

Meanwhile: 

"Several Bell wireless customers confirmed to MobileSyrup that they received notifications about incoming bill increases. One image of an increase notification shared with us went out in December and detailed a $6/mo price increase that would apply starting in February 2024."

Rogers to increase price of some wireless phone plans

Bell increasing some existing wireless plan prices in February

January 5, 2024 4:54 pm  #2

Re: Rogers & Bell To Increase Prices On Some Cell Phone Plans

January 5, 2024 5:19 pm  #3

Spent about 45 mins on Rogers chat today.  Got my 2 phones down almost $500/yr, everything I need and more data than I ever use.  Be kind and nice and they help.  

January 5, 2024 5:29 pm  #4

pinto wrote:

Spent about 45 mins on Rogers chat today.  Got my 2 phones down almost $500/yr, everything I need and more data than I ever use.  Be kind and nice and they help.  

Actually, I find the best results come from selecting "To cancel a service..." 
(I always select "to cancel one or more Rogers services...")
Once you are in THAT department, they WANT to keep you as a customer, so you will get the BEST deals possible.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 5, 2024 7:36 pm  #5

I have been a Rogers cable, then internet and now ignite customer since 1981. That comes to an end Jan 30 when I move to Chelmsford Ont. Rogers home services are not available there. Shaw is , but I am going to look into Sunwire as well. East Link doesn't carry any Corrus properties so that will not  be a choice. I had called yesterday to cancel my service for the 30th, and had the call taker confirm twice for that date. So, when my services went dark at 7.15 last night , I assumed they had messed up, and then couldn't get through to inquire, but then saw on a website on my non Rogers phone that the service was down in a huge area of Southern Ont. Service was restored just past 8.30. 

Last edited by mic'em (January 6, 2024 10:29 am)