sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2023 4:45 pm  #1

Jack Format To Return To Ottawa-Area Radio

Canadian Radio News' Dan Sys reports that the Jack format will be back on CJET-FM Smith Falls, as soon as the Christmas music is done. But in an unusual move, instead of waiting until after the holiday, Rogers has made the big reveal early - even changing their website well in advance. 

December 15, 2023 5:13 pm  #2

Re: Jack Format To Return To Ottawa-Area Radio

A wonderful job with Santa Radio ..now back to Jack ! Great idea !

December 15, 2023 5:18 pm  #3

I hate to say it but I broke the story on my website nwbroadcasters.com at 11:30 pm last night. Dan was unusually late on that one. 

December 15, 2023 5:56 pm  #4

Rogers should really get the town’s name right. It’s Smiths Falls, not Smith Falls (or Smithfalls, as my elderly German mother-in-law who lives nearby calls it 😄)

December 15, 2023 6:28 pm  #5

"Smiths Falls prepares to JACK off. Lotion and tissues are being positioned."

Last edited by Chrisphen (December 15, 2023 6:28 pm)

December 15, 2023 6:37 pm  #6

Capricasix wrote:

Rogers should really get the town’s name right. It’s Smiths Falls, not Smith Falls (or Smithfalls, as my elderly German mother-in-law who lives nearby calls it 😄)

Yeah, if you're going to make an error in the name of the town, at least make it the official grammatical error.

December 15, 2023 10:51 pm  #7

brian451 wrote:

I hate to say it but I broke the story on my website nwbroadcasters.com at 11:30 pm last night. Dan was unusually late on that one. 

I don't really care "who breaks what" Brian. This is not a competition.

December 15, 2023 11:27 pm  #8

Dan Sys wrote:

brian451 wrote:

I don't really care "who breaks what" Brian. This is not a competition.

I was actually trying to make a joke because you generally break everything Dan so I was teasing at the fact you posted it on Radiowest so much later. That almost never happens. 
I wasn't trying to offend you. Thats why I said you were unusually late on that one. 

December 27, 2023 2:02 am  #9

For the first time since December 2020, Jack FM made it's return to 92.3 CJET-FM Smiths Falls with an adult hits format at 12 midnight December 27, 2023.

https://www.jack923.com/
https://www.facebook.com/jackfm923

I wonder how long Jack FM will last in the Smiths Falls and the Ottawa area markets this time!

Last edited by Scorpio (December 27, 2023 2:16 am)

December 27, 2023 2:12 am  #10

Scorpio wrote:

I wonder how long Jack FM will last in the Smiths Falls and the Ottawa area market this time!

Until the transmitter is turned off.