sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2023 5:12 pm  #1

Worth Setting Your DVR: A Dick van Dyke 98th Birthday Special On CBS

It airs on Thursday, Dec. 21st on CBS, the network that helped make him famous - a special on the legendary performer's incredibly long life and times. I've always been a huge fan, own the Dick van Dyke Show box set and have set my DVR for this one.

Next to Norman Lear, I can't think of anyone who's still active in show biz into almost his hundredth year. 

Dick Van Dyke Will Celebrate His Birthday with 98 Years of Magic Special on CBS

December 15, 2023 9:31 am  #2

Re: Worth Setting Your DVR: A Dick van Dyke 98th Birthday Special On CBS

Thank you, RA.   PVR is set.

December 15, 2023 10:58 am  #3

Here's what to expect, in a preview from the U.S. TV Guide:

December 15, 2023 11:29 am  #4

I am surprised nobody mentioned the special on Disney's 100th Anniversary.  Disney 100: A Century of Dreams aired last night on ABC and CHCH,  it was well done.  Dick Van Dyke had many snippets in the documentary.  Dick was in four Disney movies including Mary Poppins and some of Disney's television programming, like Golden Girls.  

December 22, 2023 12:09 am  #5

That special was quite something - a real throwback to the days when variety shows were a staple on television. I wonder what younger people who likely never got to see that kind of show thought about it. It certainly isn't something you see anymore. A nice little blast from the medium's past. Amazing to see how many well known stars Dick van Dyke inspired.