sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2023 7:57 am  #1

CBC Radio's "Ontario Today" Hosts Final Show On Friday

Rita Celli has been doing the noontime provincial gig on Radio 1 for the past 15 years. That ends with her show on Friday, as she heads for retirement. It's the finale to a 32-year career with the network. 

Longtime Ontario Today host Rita Celli retires

November 23, 2023 5:31 pm  #2

Re: CBC Radio's "Ontario Today" Hosts Final Show On Friday

Interesting that there's no mention of the fact that she hasn't hosted the show in well over two years. It's mostly been Amanda Pfeffer's show in that time.

RadioActive wrote:

Rita Celli has been doing the noontime provincial gig on Radio 1 for the past 15 years. That ends with her show on Friday, as she heads for retirement. It's the finale to a 32-year career with the network. 

Longtime Ontario Today host Rita Celli retires

November 23, 2023 6:08 pm  #3

I have to assume she'll be on Friday's show to say goodbye. Otherwise, why bother with the big farewell article?

November 23, 2023 9:59 pm  #4

This is a great show and I try to listen to it every day. Rita was great but now Amanda is too. So what has Rita been doing for the last two years?  I guess we will find out tomorrow.
I wish the show would go back to its two hour format which the corp cut “because of budget cuts”. How expensive is it to run a call in show for another 60 mins.?

November 24, 2023 5:22 pm  #5

Humph. It was just a 3 min. recording at the end of the show. Nothing about where was, is or where she was going