sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2023 6:02 pm  #1

Reshmi 1010 Bad Attitude

Reshmi on 1010 has such a bad attitude, during the cross over with Jim Richards just before 6pm Jim called her out for being on her phone while he was talking with her. To which Reshmi says “This is what it’s like being a professional and a single parent” and before signing off says “Make sure to give Jim full eye contact when you talk to him.”

She has such a bad attitude!

November 1, 2023 6:16 pm  #2

Re: Reshmi 1010 Bad Attitude

She reminds me of my bitchy aunt that think she knows everything and demeans anyone who disagrees.

How much time does she have left on her contract. Can’t end soon enough

November 1, 2023 6:29 pm  #3

On-air, Jim Richards publicly endorsed Giorgio Mammolitti in the last Toronto election. Let that be a barometer of his judgement.

November 1, 2023 6:42 pm  #4

Chrisphen wrote:

On-air, Jim Richards publicly endorsed Giorgio Mammolitti in the last Toronto election. Let that be a barometer of his judgement.

At least he’s got a sense of humour and some personality

Plus he’s got a long long histroy with Giorgio. Those encounters have been radio gold

November 1, 2023 6:45 pm  #5

So Jim chastising her for looking at her phone, which listeners wouldn't be aware of, is a good attitude?

Sounds like they had an equally snippy exchange, but only Nair is being called out for it.

Last edited by RadioAaron (November 1, 2023 7:47 pm)

November 1, 2023 7:22 pm  #6

adavid861 wrote:

Reshmi on 1010 has such a bad attitude, during the cross over with Jim Richards just before 6pm Jim called her out for being on her phone while he was talking with her. To which Reshmi says “This is what it’s like being a professional and a single parent” and before signing off says “Make sure to give Jim full eye contact when you talk to him.”

She's awful.  He's not much better.

November 1, 2023 7:24 pm  #7

Mr magoogain wrote:

At least he’s got a sense of humour...

Mmmmm. <scratches head>

November 1, 2023 7:26 pm  #8

Walter wrote:

adavid861 wrote:

She's awful.  He's not much better.

I'm not a fan of either of them. It's why I usually tune out CFRB after 2 PM and don't come back until Moore returns in the Morning.

I will give Jim Richards credit for one thing, though. It's a brave person who can go into radio and have to read live liners and spots when you're dyslexic. That took some courage and I congratulate him on being able to overcome that disorder. It can't be easy.

November 1, 2023 7:37 pm  #9

RadioAaron wrote:

Sounds like they had an equally snippy exchange, but only Singh is being called out for it.

Who's "Singh"? Her name is Reshmi Nair.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with that still-important "afternoon drive" slot longterm.

November 3, 2023 2:28 pm  #10

Not much of an apology given by Reshmi to Jim Richards on Thursday. At least she played the clip.  It was cringe worthy.  But she never did apologize.  She went on to talk about her 7-year old son asking her after he spent a few minutes outside in the cold, and I'm paraphrasing,  "Momma, will Olivia Chow allow people to build tiny homes for the homeless that John Tory cancelled?"  Yup, I sure was up on politics and local mayors when I was 7. Good grief. 

November 3, 2023 4:43 pm  #11

She is awful.  Why is she even in this time slot?!  Enough already. Aside from her personality (or lack of) it is probably something that only irritates me but the sound of her voice makes me cringe. She holds every "eee" sound for 3 syllables in every sentence she speaks. Screeching. Thankfully the word "flagging" doesn't have the long "e" vowel in it because she uses "flagging"  incessantly. End of my pet peeves rant.

November 3, 2023 4:48 pm  #12

DenPas wrote:

She is awful.  Why is she even in this time slot?!

She was a reasonably strong profile hire for the "Quibi" short-form experiment in spring 2020 that never took off and later folded. They were looking for a spot for her across Bell's holdings. She's strong at news anchoring (and perhaps reporting, though I haven't seen her work in that space), and as she may be finding out, talk show host is a separate "set of skills". She has no co-host to play off which was the original concept which I think was designed to help the inexperience in that format by relying on some banter/chemistry and a more experienced host (Scott MacArthur) guiding her.

She actually may be good at something like weekend mornings, 3 hours per - local event segments, some interviews, curating some clips from the week, etc. More kind of light talk/banter and "variety" in a way. Unfortunately Bell killed the 1010 early weekend slots and is just a CP24 simulcast for much of it and 1010 rerolls for the rest.

November 3, 2023 5:15 pm  #13

AspectRatio wrote:

DenPas wrote:

She is awful.  Why is she even in this time slot?!

She was a reasonably strong profile hire for the "Quibi" short-form experiment in spring 2020 that never took off and later folded. They were looking for a spot for her across Bell's holdings. She's strong at news anchoring (and perhaps reporting, though I haven't seen her work in that space), and as she may be finding out, talk show host is a separate "set of skills". She has no co-host to play off which was the original concept which I think was designed to help the inexperience in that format by relying on some banter/chemistry and a more experienced host (Scott MacArthur) guiding her.

She actually may be good at something like weekend mornings, 3 hours per - local event segments, some interviews, curating some clips from the week, etc. More kind of light talk/banter and "variety" in a way. Unfortunately Bell killed the 1010 early weekend slots and is just a CP24 simulcast for much of it and 1010 rerolls for the rest.

If they have to work that hard to find some place where she might fit, maybe she just doesn't fit.

November 3, 2023 11:06 pm  #14

Mr magoogain wrote:

She reminds me of my bitchy aunt that think she knows everything and demeans anyone who disagrees.

I guess that means Jerry Agar is everyone's bitchy uncle who knows everything and demeans anyone who disagrees.  

November 4, 2023 10:14 am  #15

dieter wrote:

Mr magoogain wrote:

I guess that means Jerry Agar is everyone's bitchy uncle who knows everything and demeans anyone who disagrees.  

LOL .. Bingo .. agree : )) .. 

November 4, 2023 11:15 am  #16

dieter wrote:

Mr magoogain wrote:

Pretty well sums him up.  Alex over on 640 is an opinionated right-winger, but easier on the ears.

November 4, 2023 6:04 pm  #17

Yeah I'm with this line of thinking. Nair is not excellent as a host in her role but Agar is an irredeemable abyss.

November 4, 2023 7:00 pm  #18

👍