sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2016 10:11 pm  #1

Oakley's morning refugees

Join me folks in mourning the loss of Johnny in the morning.

I have been a devout listener more or less since Bill Carroll (two Rs, two Ls) flew the coop for LA. And if I had known how ace he was I would have switched sooner.
Hats off to the new crew for the effort, but nothing and noone can replace Johhny and his bell. I have tried to listen in the evening but it just feels wrong, like a rerun or something.

And I don't know where to turn. CBC? You can't be serious. John Moore? Now you're killing me. WBEN? I tried it but my girlfriend complained about the squawking and static on the clock radio. We are like 80 miles from Buffalo. 680? too much like a website. 590? Not during hockey season.

I have listened in a few short bursts to Johnny on the drive home and it seems like he brought most of his entourage with him (Tom's place, Sue Anne Levy, Cam Stewart, Lou Schizas, all the greatest hits). I wish they would do like a time delay podcast or something and I could just listen to the evening show the next morning. I might just write the code myself and set it up with a livestream.

I know Johnny sounded pretty chuffed when he announced the new hours on the air, so he is probably pretty happy about it. But Johnny, if you are reading this, we miss you.

Last edited by milton (November 15, 2016 10:12 pm)

November 16, 2016 2:57 am  #2

Re: Oakley's morning refugees

milton wrote:

Join me folks in mourning the loss of Johnny in the morning.

I have been a devout listener more or less since Bill Carroll (two Rs, two Ls) flew the coop for LA. And if I had known how ace he was I would have switched sooner.
Hats off to the new crew for the effort, but nothing and noone can replace Johhny and his bell. I have tried to listen in the evening but it just feels wrong, like a rerun or something.

And I don't know where to turn. CBC? You can't be serious. John Moore? Now you're killing me. WBEN? I tried it but my girlfriend complained about the squawking and static on the clock radio. We are like 80 miles from Buffalo. 680? too much like a website. 590? Not during hockey season.

I have listened in a few short bursts to Johnny on the drive home and it seems like he brought most of his entourage with him (Tom's place, Sue Anne Levy, Cam Stewart, Lou Schizas, all the greatest hits). I wish they would do like a time delay podcast or something and I could just listen to the evening show the next morning. I might just write the code myself and set it up with a livestream.

I know Johnny sounded pretty chuffed when he announced the new hours on the air, so he is probably pretty happy about it. But Johnny, if you are reading this, we miss you.

With all due respect sir, can you even name at least ONE product you actually bought recently as a result of listening to Mr. Oakley in the morning?

Go back to some sort of music format AM 640!!! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 16, 2016 5:34 am  #3

Re: Oakley's morning refugees

Radiowiz wrote:

can you even name at least ONE product you actually bought recently as a result of listening to Mr. Oakley in the morning?  

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows John's name
And they're always glad you came
HIgh Street

Regularly & frequently