sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2023 3:59 pm  #1

Do you really trust your TV Provider's Guide?

So browsing on the TV Guide since it's Thanksgiving Holiday. My TV's guide thinks it's a normal Monday but it's not. I thought CTV Kitchener's news at noon would be on. But nope How It's Made aired in the noon slot same with the 5PM slot they might air Heavy Rescue 401 in that slot too.. CTV2 London's guide was showing the right show of How It's Made. Have you all trusted your TV provider's gude or an online guide? I use this cool site called TV Passport.

https://www.tvpassport.com/lineups/browse/ca/on

October 9, 2023 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Do you really trust your TV Provider's Guide?

My DVR provides pretty good TV listings for the next week only, updating every Thursday. It's not perfect, but it's tough to set shows to record without it. If I need to look ahead I usually check out zap2it.com, which can be set for generic networks. for cable listings or localized to your specific area. It's generally pretty good. 

October 10, 2023 9:43 am  #3

Re: Do you really trust your TV Provider's Guide?

I have Bell Fibe and I've been pretty impressed with how the guide updates.
While I haven't done a deep dive into the guide's accuracy, I have noticed it must update daily, likely overnight. For instance, when the Blue Jays were swept from the playoffs, they had game three listed, but following the game two loss, the game three listing was removed. Granted, it was replaced by "to be announced." I've also noticed they will often update the info on playoff games with things like "the Blue Jays hope to bounce back after a game one loss to the Twins."