sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2023 11:02 am  #1

From the department of redundancy department

Listened to 1010 news this morning at 9.
Heard about a driver who was "rear ended from behind."
I wonder if he was with the NDP party or had the HIV virus.

October 3, 2023 12:13 pm  #2

Re: From the department of redundancy department

At least they didn’t say “rear-ended from the front”

October 3, 2023 2:09 pm  #3

newsguy1 wrote:

Listened to 1010 news this morning at 9.
Heard about a driver who was "rear ended from behind."
I wonder if he was with the NDP party or had the HIV virus.

Or withdrew some money from the ATM machine

(I don’t even remember the last time I did that!)

October 3, 2023 5:33 pm  #4

...and they'd need to put in their PIN number...

October 4, 2023 12:10 am  #5

And that can be hard to remember at 9 am in the morning.

October 6, 2023 6:33 am  #6

Moore had Conservative MP Melissa Lantsman on yesterday morning and the talking point was primarily about the Trudeau government's supposed broken pledge to lower food prices by Thanksgiving.  Her Twitter account even had letter about it on official letterhead.  The interview mainly consisted of her avoiding Moore's questions, spouting half truths about the carbon levy and talking points about inflation which have been debunked by the Bank of Canada (which is arms length from politics).

It was then reported on the following news almost word for word followed by her comments which were false.  

There was no commitment to lower prices by Thanksgiving.  There was a commitment to stabilize prices by meeting with major grocers / suppliers by Thanksgiving which was announced yesterday by the Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry.   Even a basic Google search about 'lowering prices' turned up blank; that's probably because lowering prices will result in something worse than inflation, job costing deflation.  

That didn't stop NT1010 from reporting it as it as if Lantsman was writing the newscaster's copy. 

It was so blatantly false that I fired off an email to 1010 about it.   This morning just after 6:00am, John Moore clarified it for listeners which essentially was a retraction.

I can't believe her statements were reported as fact and not opinion.    What a shoddy job.

I'm sure Jerry Agar had a field day with that load of crap!   I wasn't around to listen.

Last edited by SpinningWheel (October 6, 2023 6:38 am)