sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2023 9:45 pm  #31

Re: ET Canada cancelled by Global

I thought ET Canada aired at 7 PM on Global until its cancellation. I don't recall Global airing the U.S. version, although it's possible they did. But why would they when they had their own? Either way, they certainly do now. But I admit I could be wrong. They're just so similar I couldn't tell them apart and I don't watch either one. 

I know for sure the Canadian version reran at 12:30 PM the next day, because I used to see it start after the network's local (well semi-local) news at noon. 

October 17, 2023 12:03 am  #32

RadioActive wrote:

I thought ET Canada aired at 7 PM on Global until its cancellation. I don't recall Global airing the U.S. version, although it's possible they did. But why would they when they had their own? Either way, they certainly do now. But I admit I could be wrong. They're just so similar I couldn't tell them apart and I don't watch either one. 

I know for sure the Canadian version reran at 12:30 PM the next day, because I used to see it start after the network's local (well semi-local) news at noon. 

Global has always aired ET Canada and ET in tandem (in most markets) since ET Canada's launch.

Scheduling of either ET and ET Canada varied by station eg) in Alberta, ET Canada would air first at 7, then ET US at 7:30, while ET Canada aired at 6:30 PM in Sask/Winnipeg while ET US aired in the middle of the night. 

October 17, 2023 12:52 am  #33

How long is Global going to air reruns of ET Canada for? 
That seems to be the replacement for a cancelled ET Canada...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 17, 2023 1:12 am  #34

Radiowiz wrote:

How long is Global going to air reruns of ET Canada for? 
That seems to be the replacement for a cancelled ET Canada...

Until the end of October (according to this)

https://globalnews.ca/news/9988884/corus-ending-production-entertainment-tonight-canada/amp/

October 17, 2023 7:52 am  #35

RadioActive wrote:

In Southern Ontario Global has run the US Entertainment Tonight at 7pm and ET Canada at 7:30 for likely 18 years.  This has been their hour of entertainment and celebrity news for a long time. Times vary a bit across the country because of time zones.