sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2023 7:31 am  #1

SOWNY URL Glitch Has Been Fixed

If you're trying to post a link to an article on SOWNY, you may notice that it looks right in the compose window, but not in the actual message that comes up online. This problem seems to be affecting all Boardhost sites at the moment and I have no idea how long it will continue. Whatever it is, it's even affecting old messages. 

You can still post a link, using the link icon, but it won't come out properly when you look at it.

As an example, you should be seeing this:

Here's that announcement.

What you end up seeing is this:

Here's that announcement:[url=lots of letters and such]lots of letters, computer code and such[/url]

You can still click the link and it will work, but it won't display properly. 

I've tried to contact the company about this, but they seem to be having issues with their help desk. 

Whatever's going on, I'm hopeful they're aware of it and can fix it sooner or later. 

So keep linking, but you just might not see it the way you're used to. It's not you - it's them. 

August 29, 2023 9:00 am  #2

Re: SOWNY URL Glitch Has Been Fixed

Response from Boardhost:

"We are aware of this interruption and are working to restore full functionality as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."

So hopefully, we'll be back to whatever passes for normal around here soon! (And also on Lorne's Oldies Board = https://oldies.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=1 )

August 29, 2023 11:24 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Response from Boardhost:

"We are aware of this interruption and are working to restore full functionality as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."

So hopefully, we'll be back to whatever passes for normal around here soon! (And also on Lorne's Oldies Board = https://oldies.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=1 )

And now we're getting a generic "Quote" instead of the person being quoted as well.  

August 29, 2023 11:34 am  #4

I noticed last night (Monday) that all the Boardhost sites went down for a few hours off and on. I suspect that may be part of whatever is going on. The good news is I was finally able to reach them and they know about it. How long it will take to fix - well, that's another matter entirely. 

In the meantime, I'm going to continue to post as normal, hoping everything will resume its usual appearance once they fix it. 

August 29, 2023 1:10 pm  #5

Update: It's also affecting .jpgs and other pictures, regardless of how they're posted, so be aware of that if you want to put up a pic along with your message. 

August 29, 2023 8:06 pm  #6

Update to the update: it appears they've fixed the linking issue and everything works as it should. Thanks for your patience with this and to Boardhost for getting it done. In other words, they've finally found The Missing Link!

August 29, 2023 9:44 pm  #7

The quote thing is still not working, but I'm pretty sure they're looking into it, as well. Once that's done, everything should be normal. Well, as normal as it gets around here!