sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 22, 2023 9:21 pm  #1

Station Reporter Proposes To Anchor During Live Newscast

It happened on WRCB-TV in Chattanooga, Tenn. during the weekend news. And the anchor didn't know what was coming until the copy in the prompter suddenly changed.

Local TV Reporter Proposes To Station’s Anchor In Front Of The Cameras

August 22, 2023 11:24 pm  #2

Re: Station Reporter Proposes To Anchor During Live Newscast

Sorry, but I just don't feel the same way.  Your Doppler 3 radar weather forecast is coming up next. 

August 23, 2023 11:44 am  #3

I was game to hear the podcast until I realized it was another lifeless AI voice over. Good for them, meh to the VO.

August 23, 2023 4:09 pm  #4

I'm happy for the two of them... I really am, but, please in future, just read and report the news... don't make the news about yourselves...

August 23, 2023 4:12 pm  #5

It didn't exactly happen here, but about two weeks ago on CFTO's weekend 6 PM news, Andrea Case did a "report" on going to co-anchor Rahim Ladhani's wedding, complete with pictures of the ceremony and the bride.

Appropriate or out of bounds? I can't quite decide, but no real harm was done because it was in the latter parts of the newscast.  

August 23, 2023 10:23 pm  #6

CTV did the same back when anchor Michelle Dube got married showing footage from her wedding, so I think it's just a way to convey to the audiences that media people are just like everyone else and makes them more relatable. That said, I don't think I'd really want to see my newscast interrupted by a live wedding proposal quite frankly.

August 23, 2023 10:34 pm  #7

They also showed her newborn after she gave birth and went on a year long maternity leave. I'm guessing they'll do the same when Lyndsay Morrison has child #2 in a few months. 

August 24, 2023 8:06 am  #8

Misleading headline here, well actually it's just wrong.

The anchor was recording a promo when the proposal happened, it was not during a live newscast.

August 24, 2023 9:26 pm  #9

It should be noted that the syndicated gossip show Dish Nation showed clips of it.

First off, good for the newly engaged duo. Second, it was kinda cool if somewhat cheesy to watch.

Last edited by ckg927 (August 24, 2023 9:30 pm)