sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2016 8:56 am  #1

OAKLEY SCOOPS MOORE

​John Oakley's 8:45 guest (Toronto 640) was Professor Jordan Peterson, who's been in the news about his position on gender identity.   Well handled by Oakley (as usual).     The professor stated toward the end that he only had another minute because "another radio station is standing by to interview me"

​Immediately after, Professor Peterson is John Moore's guest on NewsTalk 1010.          

October 20, 2016 11:59 am  #2

Re: OAKLEY SCOOPS MOORE

grilled.cheese wrote:

Big ups to Oakley's producer. 

a sensational day for talk radio

October 20, 2016 12:00 pm  #3

Ding!!! Ding!!! Ding!!!

October 20, 2016 12:45 pm  #4

Hopefully the Oakley interview didn't interfere with or delay the scheduled time with Moore. That would've been a shame ;)

October 31, 2016 4:07 am  #5

I find these type of "scoop" things funny. Who cares? It reminds me of when top 40 artists have a new song out and stations scramble to "be the first" to play. The only people who give a shit are the people at the radio station.

Do you think listeners care who played or had a guest on first? In the days of PVR, SoundCloud and live Facebook, the audience will access the info when it's convenient for them. Just make sure you have a good sounding station to keep them coming back - that's all that should matter.