sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2023 5:55 pm  #1

CFOS-AM Morning Man Retires After Almost 40 Years On Air

Fred Wallace did double duty for Bayshore's CFOS-AM for almost four decades, acting not only as a morning co-host, but also the station's sports director. On Friday, he hung up his headphones for the last time, promising he'll still be active in the community, but noting repeatedly, after years of getting up early, "I'm tired. I'm really, really tired."

Fred Wallace retires after 40-plus years on the radio

You can hear his final farewell, in which he recaps his time in radio, here.

By the way, if you've ever wondered what happened to CHUM-FM's Rick Ringer, he's alive and well and doing afternoons on the oldies station. He writes about his own career here

August 18, 2023 6:27 pm  #2

Re: CFOS-AM Morning Man Retires After Almost 40 Years On Air

RadioActive wrote:

By the way, if you've ever wondered what happened to CHUM-FM's Rick Ringer, he's alive and well and doing afternoons on the oldies station. He writes about his own career here

Here's Rick Ringer telling me CHUM-FM stories for an hour.

August 18, 2023 7:52 pm  #3

Re: CFOS-AM Morning Man Retires After Almost 40 Years On Air

I worked with Fred for 4 years at CFOS.  A true professional and great guy.  I know he will enjoy retirement and it's nice he will still be doing some on air work with Bayshore.  All the best Fred, it's great you are staying in Owen Sound!  It was a pleasure working with you, so many years ago.