sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2016 5:22 pm  #1

Story: WBEN’s Tom Bauerle 'Vindicated' From Mental Illness Claims

Longtime WBEN-AM talk show host Tom Bauerle is an ultra-conservative who claims he’s been under surveillance by mysterious groups for years, prompting some to wonder about his mental state.

Now comes a convoluted story about invisible spy technology around his house, court settlements, the Clintons, strange men in strange cars, Special Forces operatives and more. The tale, outlined on an equally ultra-conservative website, claims to tell the whole "truth" and provides documentation to prove his bizarre assertions.

Frankly, after reading this, I’m still not convinced. But it certainly is one hell of a tale.

Vindicated: Talk Show Radio’s True Patriot Tom Bauerle 

I leave it to those interested in plowing through this lengthy article to decide if they buy any of this pretty outlandish yarn. 

October 19, 2016 10:10 pm  #2

Re: Story: WBEN’s Tom Bauerle 'Vindicated' From Mental Illness Claims

That's some 'Rebel'-level journalisming.

October 23, 2016 9:25 pm  #3

As a Buffaloian, I've put up with Mr. Bauerle and WBEN long enough. And I'm in no mood to put up with their...or CFP's....horse hockey

I ejected WBEN off my car pre-sets years ago and they're no longer my go-to station for news. If I want it, I'll go to WBFO, the CBC or even 680 News.

Clint Buehlman and Jeff Kaye are probably spinning at high speed in their graves bemoaning what has become of WBEN...and likely Bill Lacy & John Murphy must be thanking their lucky stars they don't work for WBEN anymore. All it is these days is red-meat radio.

October 24, 2016 10:25 am  #4

ckg927 wrote:

As a Buffaloian, I've put up with Mr. Bauerle and WBEN long enough. And I'm in no mood to put up with their...or CFP's....horse hockey

I ejected WBEN off my car pre-sets years ago and they're no longer my go-to station for news. If I want it, I'll go to WBFO, the CBC or even 680 News.

Clint Buehlman and Jeff Kaye are probably spinning at high speed in their graves bemoaning what has become of WBEN...and likely Bill Lacy & John Murphy must be thanking their lucky stars they don't work for WBEN anymore. All it is these days is red-meat radio.

Don't forget the late Stan Barron. Another WBEN great who would be dismayed at the way the station has gone. He was a class act, as were the others you mentioned.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

November 1, 2016 5:13 pm  #5

The bizarre story is also in the Buffalo News - the paper which published the original hatchet job in the first place.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/29/engineer-ex-cop-stand-behind-bauerles-invisibility-cloak-theory/