sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2023 1:44 pm  #31

Re: Brantford's CKPC shutting down Friday Aug. 4th/103.9 Pride going, too

Interesting that Evanov didn't write the CRTC to turn in the license for CKPC until October 5th.  This was two months after shutting the station down.  According to the letter, Evanov was trying to find someone to continue on running CKPC but couldn't find any interested groups. 

Also brought up last week on the RadioWest site, the CRTC has yet to post anything similar for the six Bell AM stations that were closed almost six months ago.  So have the licenses for these stations not been revoked?  Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) still is indicating that all of these six stations located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and London are operational.   

December 4, 2023 4:41 pm  #32

WBLK could use it. just saying.

[img]https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuF8Sd9OzvCbg5oAXaSlHwJVUvLp-w?e=arHBuk[/img]

December 6, 2023 6:10 pm  #33

RadioActive wrote:

Another "for the record" announcement from the CRTC, making it official. CKPC had been on the air since 1933.

CRTC Officially Revokes CKPC Licence

Today I drove past CKPC Road in Brant county south of Mount Pleasant. The towers are down. Buildings still there though. A lot faster to tear those down than to dismantle the 1100 foot CHCH tower I can see out my window. I don't envy that crew!

Last edited by Ida Spencer (December 6, 2023 6:10 pm)