sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2023 11:25 am  #1

Acoustic Brunch

So I was cruising to the golf course on Sunday late morning as I usually do and flipping around the dial trying to find something to listen to and I happened to hit B-101, the Corus station in Barrie.
They were playing a program they called the Acoustic Brunch.  It was quite enjoyable, as opposed to the same 100 songs played on most other stations.
What I found interesting was the diversity in the music they played.
Just a sample, but acoustic versions of hits from Sam Roberts, Bon Jovi, Collective Soul, The Cure, as well as New Girl Now by Honeymoon Suite, and What's Up by 4 Non Blondes.
Sadly no live announcer.  Would have been nice to get background info on these versions.  Were they actually on albums, or one off's.  Do the bands ever do these versions live in concert, ect.
What I am saying is I really enjoyed the program.   
Not sure if this plays on any other Corus stations across Canada, but check it out for something completely different.

July 28, 2023 11:38 am  #2

Re: Acoustic Brunch

Just a Radio Fan wrote:

Would have been nice to get background info on these versions.  Were they actually on albums, or one off's. 

"We found this one on Q107's music server where It appears to have been uploaded in 2013. It's 3 minutes and 21 seconds long and ends with a fade."

July 31, 2023 9:18 am  #3

Re: Acoustic Brunch

I believe it originates from FM96 London, and syndicates on a few stations.

A much better "Acoustic Rock" show with a really superb host is "The Acoustic Storm" which Rock 107 in Belleville carries every Sunday morning at 9-I always make a point to catch it...Stuff you don't hear anywhere else...https://www.acousticstorm.com/shows/