sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2023 5:50 pm  #1

Is That Who I Think It Is Doing That Proline Radio Spot?

I keep hearing a radio spot for Proline, the come-on to get you to gamble. I though the voice was familiar the first time I heard it, but it didn't quite register. Until it aired a few more times. I'd swear that's John Gallagher, the former City TV sportscaster and ex-member of the Q107 morning show.

Haven't heard him in a long time, and I wondered where he went or what he's up to now. Nice to hear his voice again (if that is, indeed, him.)

July 24, 2023 8:55 am  #2

Re: Is That Who I Think It Is Doing That Proline Radio Spot?

AFAIK, JG moved to the east coast a while back. If it is him, probably booked through his Toronto agent and done via Source-Connect.

July 24, 2023 6:11 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

I keep hearing a radio spot for Proline, the come-on to get you to gamble. I though the voice was familiar the first time I heard it, but it didn't quite register. Until it aired a few more times. I'd swear that's John Gallagher, the former City TV sportscaster and ex-member of the Q107 morning show.

Haven't heard him in a long time, and I wondered where he went or what he's up to now. Nice to hear his voice again (if that is, indeed, him.)

John sold his Toronto home and moved home to Halifax during the pandemic. Peter Gross and I worked closely with him pre-pandemic on a wonderful podcast we called Gallagher and Gross Save the World. It was amazing.

Here's episode one... it only got better from here: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/1-beginning/id1481282775?i=1000452027488

August 8, 2023 10:22 pm  #4

Speak of the devil. John Gallagher was a guest panelist on iHeart's "Newstalk Tonight" on Wednesday, heard here on CFRB. They were doing a segment on favourite sports movies. I believe his #1 was Bad News Bears, but I didn't hear the entire segment.

August 9, 2023 7:29 am  #5

RadioActive wrote:

Speak of the devil. John Gallagher was a guest panelist on iHeart's "Newstalk Tonight" on Wednesday, heard here on CFRB. They were doing a segment on favourite sports movies. I believe his #1 was Bad News Bears, but I didn't hear the entire segment.

I caught John Gallagher as well last night, sounded good! Last time I heard him was when he was part of AM740’s morning show, which I used to quite enjoy until it sounded like Gallagher and Neil Hedley were not getting along. Too bad, as they were both good on air.

August 12, 2023 6:25 am  #6

John Gallagher joined Jim Richards again last night on CFRB. I can see this becoming a regular occurrence as that’s twice this week, plus they work well together, so why not!