sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2023 12:05 am  #1

Ginella Massa Leaving CBC & Broadcasting After Mat Leave

The first female anchor to wear a hijab on air is leaving those airwaves. Ginella Massa departed from City TV to host a new CBC News Network show called "Canada Tonight." But after taking time off to have her first child, she had an apparent change of heart and in a statement says she's re-evaluated her life and what she wants to do with it.

"I have taken the time to contemplate what success truly means to me, and what other ways I can meaningfully contribute to this fast-changing media landscape," she wrote in a social media post. Her next steps are uncertain beyond consulting and public speaking.

Dwight Drummond was taken off the local CBC Toronto News at 6 to take Massa's place during her absence. There's no word if or when he might go back to his old local anchor job.

Ginella Massa announces departure from CBC News Network

July 21, 2023 9:40 am  #2

Re: Ginella Massa Leaving CBC & Broadcasting After Mat Leave

I can only imagine the evil hate that was spewed upon her by the newly emboldened neanderthals that make up the freedom convoy, eff Trudeau, so-called Christian, right wing, stand fast, people's party, conservative crowd. 

July 21, 2023 10:07 am  #3

Ginella was a field reporter at CTV Kitchener in 2015 for a year and a bit prior to working at City TV and CBC.  She also did some work for Rogers TV and Newstalk 1010.

July 21, 2023 11:18 am  #4

Johnny B wrote:

I can only imagine the evil hate that was spewed upon her by the newly emboldened neanderthals that make up the freedom convoy, eff Trudeau, so-called Christian, right wing, stand fast, people's party, conservative crowd. 

All I can add to your thoughts is, Amen. So many mouth-breathers.

July 21, 2023 12:58 pm  #5

Dial Twister wrote:

Johnny B wrote:

All I can add to your thoughts is, Amen. So many mouth-breathers.

The little of the comments I saw wasn't pretty. It was like Trumpers North. I'm ashamed and saddened.