sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2023 2:59 pm  #1

Former Fan Host Bob McCown Can't Walk Or Talk Following Two Strokes

He says he's on the mend, but for now, the former longtime host of The Fan 590's afternoon drive show is in a slow recovery mode. I can only imagine for a guy who made his living by yakking a lot, it must be very difficult not to be able to communicate that way. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. 

Toronto sports radio legend Bob McCown "can't walk or talk" after major health scare

June 30, 2023 4:15 pm  #2

Re: Former Fan Host Bob McCown Can't Walk Or Talk Following Two Strokes

What a shame to hear that news.

We wish him the best for a speedy recovery.

July 4, 2023 4:49 pm  #3

McCown's Twitter page offered this update on Tuesday.

"My speech and walking have improved and hospital staff are figuring out when to kick me out of here. I’m not well yet but I am better! The reaction has been amazing! Thank you!!!"

July 13, 2023 10:38 am  #4

He's on the mend, and can walk again. The speech is also coming along, but not quite there yet.

July 13, 2023 4:44 pm  #5

Best of wishes to you Bob. You have the right attitude to beat it. 

July 25, 2023 5:29 pm  #6

The 71-year-old former Fan590 host appeared for a short segment on his own podcast this week - being co-hosted by two others in his absence. He admits his speech isn't exactly back to normal and he's walking with a cane, but he's working on rehab and hopes to be back on a full time basis soon. 

Bob McCown After Stroke: ‘My Brain Knows What To Do, It Just Has to Teach My Body’