sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2016 10:26 am  #1

Jay Michaels on Newstalk 1010

I've been enjoying Jay Michaels filling in on the Live Drive.  Brand Manager Bendixon should consider a permanent on-air position for this breath of fresh air.

July 7, 2016 9:41 pm  #2

Re: Jay Michaels on Newstalk 1010

Seems the live drive has often been used as a experimental lab for those who have been cut loose from other stations even in this case where the station that released him was in the same building.  So far none have gone on to have their own time slot on 1010.  Of course, depending on what needs the schedule dictates at any given time and if Mad Dog and Bendixen feel good about it, anything is possible.

July 9, 2016 1:11 am  #3

I had a reliable source tell me this was in the cards quite some time ago.  I still think this will happen on a permanent basis at some point.  A certain someone, who has since been banned, refused to believe it.

July 9, 2016 7:38 am  #4

Prod Guy wrote:

someone, who has since been banned, refused to believe it.

Everyone misses Adma

July 9, 2016 8:54 am  #5

It's funny you wrote this, I just said the same thing to him last week.  Really enjoy listening to him.  Sometimes it's hard for FM peoples to transition to AM, but his was excellent.

Doug Thompson wrote:

I've been enjoying Jay Michaels filling in on the Live Drive.  Brand Manager Bendixon should consider a permanent on-air position for this breath of fresh air.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.