sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2016 2:42 pm  #1

Licence 10349

So does anyone know why the woman at the beginning of any Northwood Mortgage ad say the phrase so quickly and forcefully? Was there a threat of physical violence? Did she need to hurry and use the washroom? Did they really need the extra half second a fast read would provide? Did they catch her on a bad day? Does she secretly hate mortgages?

Also, I want it known I am absolutely not working harder for you, or anyone else, as I'm the laziest bastard I know.

February 15, 2016 6:01 pm  #2

Re: Licence 10349

Maybe she just found a better rate.

Personally I love "no credit checks, no credit checks, we finance everyone" followed by a creepy slightly evil fading laugh.
Trustworthy if I ever heard it.

Last edited by Steve (February 15, 2016 6:04 pm)

February 15, 2016 6:09 pm  #3

Anything that works! 
Google "Licence 10349" 

(It's also a way to inform everyone that they are licenced, which may or may not be a CRTC requirement in order for the ad to air)

Last edited by Radiowiz (February 15, 2016 6:12 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 15, 2016 6:21 pm  #4

I believe it's more for their own compliance regulators than the broadcast ones.
Hosting money shows I've learned they have a ton of very strict rules that have to be adhered to.

Radiowiz wrote:

Anything that works! 
Google "Licence 10349" 

(It's also a way to inform everyone that they are licenced, which may or may not be a CRTC requirement in order for the ad to air)

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 15, 2016 10:19 pm  #5

ok to bend the topic for which i have nothing to add...

why do american ads for lawyers always add the line "non attorney paid spokesman" to the end tag?

February 15, 2016 11:38 pm  #6

The point of my question was not why she says it, as it's patently obvious that it is a regulatory compliance thing. It's WHY she says it the way she does, which is hurried, exclamative, and perhaps even a bit forced.

February 15, 2016 11:42 pm  #7

geo wrote:

ig wrote:

I believe it's more for their own compliance regulators than the broadcast ones 

However both Butler and Northwood are brokers (not fully capitalized lenders) so why does one do it and the other does not?

geo

Doesn't Butler's ad have the license number tagged at the end, or am I wrong?

February 16, 2016 1:26 pm  #8

Every Time I hear the Northwood jingle, I hear "We make it harder for you"

Butler does have the licence # in the ad, but I suppose they aren't as creative as NW, because I don't know what it is.

BTW, I don't know anyone who says "two point one zero percent" It's 2.1% Who adds a zero unnecessarily?

Last edited by StevieB (February 16, 2016 1:28 pm)

I am Here, just not all there.

April 6, 2022 12:58 pm  #9

StevieB wrote:

BTW, I don't know anyone who says "two point one zero percent" It's 2.1% Who adds a zero unnecessarily?

It's an attention getter. If you remember the company name, then the idea is great.
If you forget who it was, then the idea failed.
Also, hearing the word "zero" somehow makes almost anything seem low.

April 6, 2022 1:05 pm  #10

verger wrote:

The point of my question was not why she says it, as it's patently obvious that it is a regulatory compliance thing. It's WHY she says it the way she does, which is hurried, exclamative, and perhaps even a bit forced.

It's called getting as much information possible in as little time possible.

April 6, 2022 1:33 pm  #11

"Just like 4-6-2-0-1."