sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2018 3:09 pm  #1

Roger Petersen Replacing Kevin Frankish As BT Host

It's a good choice, given Roger's personality and the fact that his role on the late news was diminishing. I know Roger (he's the only person I've ever met who once lived on a boat) and he's a great guy. I wish him luck, especially with the hours. 

Breakfast Television names Roger Petersen as new co-host

(Note: Above link is to a Toronto Star article, so if you've already used your monthly 5, don't click it.) 

The City TV press release notes that weekend weather person Stella Acquisto is also joining the show.

Last edited by RadioActive (July 4, 2018 3:14 pm)

July 4, 2018 3:43 pm  #2

Re: Roger Petersen Replacing Kevin Frankish As BT Host

I was watching this morning while working out at home and he seems like a good fit...for the show.

Hard to replace Kevin, but Roger is not going to offend viewers or rock the boat  on BT...

Thanks for the share RA!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

July 4, 2018 4:02 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

(Note: Above link is to a Toronto Star article, so if you've already used your monthly 5, don't click it.)

Thank you for that warning! That should be a standard practise for posters here. Thanks again! 

July 4, 2018 4:20 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

It's a good choice, given Roger's personality and the fact that his role on the late news was diminishing. I know Roger (he's the only person I've ever met who once lived on a boat) and he's a great guy. I wish him luck, especially with the hours. 

Breakfast Television names Roger Petersen as new co-host

The City TV press release notes that weekend weather person Stella Acquisto is also joining the show.

So, Stella Acquisto is now the “community correspondent”? Sounds to me like a live-eye host.

July 4, 2018 5:20 pm  #5

It looks like Stella is basically what Jennifer Valentyne used to be. But I'm guessing she comes a lot cheaper!

July 4, 2018 7:38 pm  #6

I asked Kevin Frankish about Jennifer Valentyne, while pointing out that the live-eyes never actually went away.

5 minute YouTube video