sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2018 12:02 pm  #2

Re: Here we go again

I maintained early on ( a few weeks ago) that I didn't think Jazz FM could come back from this...unless it does a huge PR campaign and share their future vision. They need to assure listeners that all will be well.. and tell it straight as far as Ross Porter goes...

As a member and perpetual donor, I haven't heard much to make me feel I want to keep on donating.

Losing this station would be a big loss in the marketplace and they better figure things out soon, or the doors will be closing...and in the words of Sol Mendelsohn as far as Jazz FM goes, "If you miss it, you miss it"!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (June 30, 2018 12:04 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 30, 2018 12:16 pm  #3

Not to nitpick, but the headline of the article is deceiving.

- "ordered its ads pulled from the Saturday morning show hosted by Mr. Porter" - implying its ads run on the rest of their schedule.

- "his company usually suspends most of its advertising in the summer" - so, which is it?

That said, who is buying "stereos" in 2018? They do sell televisions, but, (no offense) the markup on their products is absurd.

And, there seems to have an implication that people are running throughout the streets and back alleys of Cabbagetown, enraged that their station is going through issues. Guys with manbuns, carrying satchels of incense are heading to Starbucks to sip their $19 hybrid organic coffees ready to arm themselves with yoga pants and perform an ungodly pose. If that's the case, why aren't their ratings better?

June 30, 2018 5:04 pm  #4

A radio station and its people are always bigger than any one person. All things considered, with much being withheld, this situation cannot be allowed to continue. Too many people, staffers and devoted listeners, will suffer.

When confronted with the number of accusations, Ross Porter should have stepped aside, completely.

He, more than anybody else, should have been aware of the importance and impact of JAZZFM 91.