sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2017 11:31 pm  #1

Harvey Brooker

Certainly one of the great believers in local radio.  RIP.

BROOKER, Harvey - Passed away suddenly on Thursday, December 7, 2017.

Harvey Brooker beloved husband of 53 years to Helen. Loving father and father-in-law of David and Lisa, Evan and Ruth (Rumack), and Felicia and Yossi (Nulman). Dear brother and brother-in-law of the late Barbara and Harold Goldman. Devoted grandfather of Joelle, Noah, Max, Josh, Orly, Jonah, Amitai, and Eliana. Service on Friday, December 8th, at 1:00 p.m. at Benjamin's Park Memorial Chapel. Interment Pride Of Israel Section at Mt. Sinai Memorial Park. Memorial donations may be made to Crohn's and Colitis Canada, 1-800-387-1479, or Schwartz/Reisman Jewish Community Centre, 905-303-5233.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

December 8, 2017 8:00 am  #2

Re: Harvey Brooker

His line "If you could do it yourself, you would have done it already." was effective and of all the local radio advertisers doing their own ads, I found Mr. Brooker the most enjoyable to listen to. His care and concern for the health of men was his brand, and he had a wonderful impact in the lives of many people. RIP Mr. Harvey Brooker.

December 8, 2017 4:10 pm  #3

In 1979 I was a star client of Harvey's; when I worked at Q-107.  Only guy in the class and now he has been serving men only for a number of years.  I am in shock.  His wife Helen was my instructor.  I understand the funeral was today.  I would have gone if I would have known earlier.  R.I.P. Harvey.

December 9, 2017 12:27 pm  #4

I had gone to Harvey Brooker too...took off 50 pounds, the man truly cared about men's health and men's challenges...this is sad news...I wish the family comfort in knowing Harvey lived a purposeful life.

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

December 9, 2017 3:09 pm  #5

The family specifically asked that his spots run as scheduled.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

December 10, 2017 9:32 pm  #6

I heard what must have been the same Brooker spot today just before 2 p.m. news

Raised an eyebrow (just one)

Not the worst thing and has family blessing as ig tells us

But it certainly was noticed

December 22, 2017 5:15 pm  #7

If you've heard any of the spots this week, it appears they've officially replaced the late Mr. Brooker with an otherwise nameless announcer who basically reads the same "if you could do it alone..." script. I guess it had to happen eventually.