sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2017 8:29 pm  #1

Steven LeDrew -- Is He In Deep Doo Doo??

CP24 noon hour host Steven LeDrew is the target of a week long suspension by his employer Bell

LeDrew drew the ire of his bosses after appearing without permission on a Fox News program hosted by Tucker Carlson.

So not only did he not discuss the appearance with the local brass first he then proceeded to make a comment or two that turned a few heads

The subject matter was LBGQT2 rights etc etc

I like Stephen LeDrew and considering the current climate he may have gotten off with a light sentence here

Last edited by unclefester (December 1, 2017 10:44 pm)

December 2, 2017 6:46 pm  #2

Re: Steven LeDrew -- Is He In Deep Doo Doo??

It wasn't just that he appeared without permission. It was that he didn't necessarily explain an issue to the satisfaction of the political correctness police. But it's hard to imagine defending what host Tucker Carlson brought up.

The controversy surrounded a poster displayed in an Ontario elementary school about inclusiveness training. It's not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's the alphabet soup that goes along with it that's left many conservatives (and quite frankly some liberals) wondering where this will end.

It advised that the program was aimed at the "LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP" community. 

The what?

Exactly.

His failure to be able to properly explain it appears to really be the culprit. You may not like Fox News, but Carlson has a definite point here. 

Here's the interview and you can judge for yourself: 

Bell Media Suspended A TV Host Who Went On Fox News And Said Two Spirit People Are "Confused"

December 2, 2017 7:04 pm  #3

He was set up for failure. Fox knew what that talking head was all about. Bell took to their multi-claus absurd contract to spank him. He's always been the "controversial" mouth on City Panic.

December 3, 2017 5:12 pm  #4

Joe Warmington in the Sun quotes LeDrew as saying he was suspended because he was "appearing on the competition," violating his contract. From the article:

“But I told them I don’t have a contract,” said LeDrew, who pointed out the irony — as he was on the show discussing free speech, bullying and the acceptance of a variety of views — was not lost on him.

Still, I can't help but feel if he'd been on CNN or MSNBC, he wouldn't have faced any suspension at all. Just my opinion, but in the words of a Bill Maher segment on HBO's Real Time, "I can't prove it but I know it's true."

There's one other revelation from the Sun article. Seems Tucker Carlson has invited LeDrew back on his show. I feel safe in saying that's one invite he won't be accepting. 

CP24’s Stephen LeDrew suspended over 'code of conduct' conflict

December 3, 2017 6:45 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

It was that he didn't necessarily explain an issue to the satisfaction of the political correctness police.

I think what you mean is that he pontificated on a subject he knew nothing about, but that's par for the course with LeDrew who has to be one of the dumbest (and softest) interviewers in Toronto.