sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Fri Sep 15 4:50 pm  #1

Evan Solomon

It's been a couple of weeks since 1010 launched Evan Solomon from 2 til 4 weekdays.  I was disappointed when his very first guest was that moron Doug Ford, but since then his show has been pretty good.  Nothing against Kelly Cutrara, but as a news junkie, I prefer political topics to the more lightweight social media-driven fare offered up by she and her co-host.  The move has got me back listening to 1010 again during those hours until Oakley comes on, so I guess it worked for this listener.

Fri Sep 15 5:14 pm  #2

Re: Evan Solomon

Here's what I don't get - Bell Media made a huge publicity push about this national show, and launched it two weeks ago. Since then, Solomon has taken both Fridays off. Maybe there's a logical explanation for it that I'm not aware of, which is possible, but why would you be off twice in less than 14 days of starting something new? Especially cross country. 

That's the kind of thing you do when you've been there a year. First you establish your presence five days a week and once the show is a regular habit, you can take the occasional day in lieu. Johnny Carson, who was infamous for working four day weeks for years, got that deal. Evan Solomon hasn't earned it. 

I'll be curious to see if it happens again next week.   

Fri Sep 15 7:06 pm  #3

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

He might be off next week too...it is the Jewish New Year...time for prayer and family...

I tend to automatically distrust anyone who lets a medieval religion dictate their schedule and life.  Hopefully, he'll be back for a full shift next week.

Fri Sep 15 11:30 pm  #4

Charlie wrote:

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

He might be off next week too...it is the Jewish New Year...time for prayer and family...

\

I tend to automatically distrust anyone who lets a medieval religion dictate their schedule and life.     .

Not very  tactful...
Try to be a little less disrespectful next time you post
If you find that hard to do maybe you  should just keep your trap shut

"I'll kick your ass down Yonge Street"... CFTR's Robert Holiday circa 1979...

Sat Sep 16 6:22 am  #5

unclefester wrote:

Charlie wrote:

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

\

I tend to automatically distrust anyone who lets a medieval religion dictate their schedule and life.     .

Not very  tactful...
Try to be a little less disrespectful next time you post
If you find that hard to do maybe you  should just keep your trap shut

God bless.

Sat Sep 16 7:56 am  #6

Very simple explanation: he's off Fridays to prepare Question Period for CTV. It's been that way with his local CFRA show in Ottawa.

Sat Sep 16 8:40 am  #7

Jay Baxter wrote:

Very simple explanation: he's off Fridays to prepare Question Period for CTV. It's been that way with his local CFRA show in Ottawa.

Thank you.