sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2017 12:04 pm  #1

Canadian Music Hall of Fame

As I mentioned in an earlier post I was very saddened to hear of the news of the passing of Skip Prokop.   I am a huge Lighthouse fan, but I was also dismayed to learn that the band was not in the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
14 albums, 3 time Juno winners as Canadian band of the year, 5 singles cracked the US top 100 list.

I visited the Hall of Fame website to see who had been inducted, and all are very worthy candidates but it got me to thinking.   Which performers or groups are not in, and should be ?

Here is my short list in no particular order, although if it was in order Lighthouse would lead.  

I would welcome your comments and further suggestions.

-Paul Shaffer
-Glass Tiger/Alan Frew
-Walter Ostenek (21 Grammy nominations, 3 wins)
-Robbie Robertson  (Burton Cummings is in, so is the Guess Who)

September 1, 2017 9:36 pm  #2

Re: Canadian Music Hall of Fame

grilled.cheese wrote:

Frank D'Angelo has been snubbed for too many years by the elitists at the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. 

Could it be time to raise Frank's jersey to the rafters and retire his number?

September 3, 2017 2:24 am  #3

Re: Canadian Music Hall of Fame

I had a look at the list and what strikes me is how small it is.  There's only about 50 artists in there.  We have so much more that deserve to be in there.

I agree with the list in original post, especially Walter Ostanek.  Aside from his musical success, he's just the most down to earth, sweetest guy you could ever get to know.  Besides, having a couple of Grammies and an Order of Canada should mean something.

Aside from a dearth of Francophone artists, where's:
-Bobby Curtola
-Larry Evoy/Edward Bear
-Copper Penny
-A Foot in Cold Water
-Harry Hibbs
-Terry and Susan Jacks/The Poppy Family
-Peter Appleyard
-Michel Pagliaro
-The Nylons

Just to name a few.  

Last edited by Peter the K (September 3, 2017 2:28 am)