sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2017 7:51 pm  #1

Radio raises awareness: fatal Fentanyl

Kudos to a lot of the radio stations for making it a point to talk about the ongoing opioid crisis, and the life threatening addition of Fentanyl in every drug you can buy on the street, including the formerly mostly harmless percs and pot. I've heard John Moore, Mike Stafford, Kelly Cutrara, Jim Richards make it a topic. I've just watched "Your Brain On Fentanyl - The New Deadly Drug" by the AsapSCIENCE team, trending #20 on YouTube, and it's a detailed, excellent report, using a white board, markers and animation. They also provide a great list of further resources. If I had children, I'd watch it with them. Too bad school's out, maybe it should be required viewing this fall. My apologies for not providing a link.😎

August 3, 2017 5:54 am  #2

Re: Radio raises awareness: fatal Fentanyl

Some radio news reports and radio hosts are stating that naloxone reverses the effects of Fentanyl. They need to be more specific.

1. Naloxone TEMPORARILY reverses the effects of the drug, but you still need to get the person to the nearest emergency room.

2. Fentanyl is also now found in so called safer drugs like pot and endocet.

3. You don't have to ingest Fentanyl. Coming into contact with it by picking it up is enough to kill you.