sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2017 7:04 pm  #1

Stop yelling at me!

I keep hearing the OMNI ads on radio,..as a listener and potential client...I refuse to go in...will this sale of inventory ever end?

Russell Oliver yells at us to buy our stuff...but that doesn't motivate me either...
Or the Spence yell...that is irritating...

I don't know about you, but does yelling as part of your commercial message work? Does this kind of firebrand advertising still connect to the audience in this day and age?

It must, I guess, or they wouldn't spend so much on the medium.

But what is your take Big Yellow? Without slamming these two business owners ...does this kind of advertising inspire you to go and buy or do business with them?

What kind of ads appeal to you to buy in this ever changing advertising world?

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 25, 2017 5:03 pm  #2

Re: Stop yelling at me!

I do not support companies which irritate me, lie to me, yell at me or which insult my intelligence.  I avoid them ON PURPOSE unless I have absolutely no viable choice. 

You know what attracts attention you advertising geniuses out there in advertising 'ville'?  It's when your goods and/or services line up with WHAT the listeners/viewers need at that specific point in time.  Otherwise?  Pissing people off does not often work in your favour if you're trying to leave an impression behind for future reference.

Dumping a tanker-full of oil in the ocean has also steered me away from specific gas stations.  Oh...and media companies which don't put the audience a SOLID  FIRST?  Fuggetabowdit.