sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2017 9:53 pm  #1

Waterloo Radio Talk Show Host Leaves His Gig - To Become A Cop

Can't say I've ever heard Eric Drozd's show on 570 News, but while many people's dream would be to have their own talk gig, his was to be a cop. And now, after a failed first try, he's going from laying down the law on air to doing it in real life.

570 News Talk Show Host Leaves To Become A Cop 

April 9, 2017 12:05 pm  #2

Re: Waterloo Radio Talk Show Host Leaves His Gig - To Become A Cop

I can relate to this...

When I was 18 and working full time at CHSC in St. Kitts I applied with the encouragement of an old   veteran sergeant  to the Niagara Regional police force. Everything was good with the exception of the vision test...couldn't pass it and there was nothing you could do to change that result back in 1974.

Today of course it's a completely different story...

April 11, 2017 6:32 am  #3

grilled.cheese wrote:

Follow your dreams . . .

. . . and opt for a glamour job like Cam Woolley did

April 11, 2017 11:24 am  #4

Drozd got the on-air gig 3 years ago when his predecessor was unceremoniously purged during a round of layoffs.  He probably, quite wisely, realized that there is nothing preventing Rogers doing that to him at some time and realized he needed to take his destiny into his own hands.

Good for him.

This isn't anything new.  Didn't AM640 newscaster Lisa Moskaluk leave a few years ago to become a Toronto Police Constable? (and pursue her bodybuilding career) 

Last edited by Peter the K (April 11, 2017 11:24 am)

April 11, 2017 10:50 pm  #5

Bob Callahan of Energy radio and CKFM (Mix 99.9 at that time) and other radio stations did the same thing several years ago-left radio to become a police officer.

April 11, 2017 11:14 pm  #6

Good ol' Bob.  Smart move.  Get a real job...with a pension. 

The armed forces might not take some of these 'folks'.  The police will.  Fester mentioned it.  They'll take ANYBODY regardless of eyesight...or mental issues.

I wonder if some of these ex-media cops will drop in and bust some of their old bosses?  Some of 'em were certainly RIPE for the pickin'.  Now there's some PAYBACK worth contemplating.