sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2024 9:24 am  #1

Need Vassy To Do Better?

Vassy Kapelos is pretty well known as a fair minded, no nonsense journalist.
I think on that we can all agree.

So I was surprised yesterday during her Sunday morning CTV Question Period to see both Brian Stelter & David Frum tag team during a segment regarding the Trump hush money trial.
Mr. Stelter from Vanity Fair and Mr. Frum from the Atlantic, both leftist publications.  And predictably, their commentary was completely one side-sided. You would think Mr. Trump was being led to the gallows the way these two "guests" carried on.

​Made me wonder where is the fair and balanced Vassy we have come to know? And should the network or perhaps she insisted on a guest to counter the "hatchet-job" you know was coming a thousand times out of a thousand from these two?

Vassy where are you?  

Last edited by unclefester (April 22, 2024 9:29 am)

April 22, 2024 9:30 am  #2

Re: Need Vassy To Do Better?

TIL, George W. Bush's speech-writer is a "leftist"

April 22, 2024 10:10 am  #3

unclefester wrote:

.. ​Made me wonder where is the fair and balanced Vassy we have come to know? .. 

sometimes there simply is no other valid side .. 

April 22, 2024 11:49 am  #4

You can lead a horse to water...

April 22, 2024 12:12 pm  #5

Frum may be writing now for a so-called "leftist" publication, but as mentioned above he was Bush's speech writer
Although he did not write the famous "axis of evil" line and he has admitted that.
Also as g121 notes sometimes there really is no other side to an argument.
Although Donald Trump did say there were "very fine people" among the neo Nazi protesters in Charlottesville.

April 22, 2024 1:36 pm  #6

There is no defending that piece of human excrement that's why. He was a crap president who spent most of his time playing golf, downplayed the pandemic causing thousands of needless deaths, mocked the disabled, cheated on every single one of his wives, and enriched himself by hosting political events at his own hotels.

Anyone who thinks Trump deserves defending probably is the one that should re-examine their own morals and ideology.

April 22, 2024 3:41 pm  #7

To get this back on a media related basis, here's a look at the coverage of this case from the New York Times. 

Networks Covering Trump’s Trial Are Forced to Get Creative

April 22, 2024 4:57 pm  #8

hehehe...Vassy cut her chops in Alberta...meaning she's about as balanced as a 3-legged rhino....there is no honest way to make a reasonable case that Trump is a victim or being treated unfairly...unless she had one of his cult followers or a Republican looking to be re-elected on as a guest to spew their bullshyt propaganda...Trump is a bottom feeder and will be proven a criminal...history will look back on him with disgust and ridicule.