sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2024 10:07 pm  #1

Christine Cardoso Back On The Radio In Toronto - At Least For Now

She's filling in on the AM 640 morning weekend show this Saturday and Sunday, an arrangement she hinted came up "at the last minute." She's subbing for regular host Ben Mulroney, who, it appears, will be back. 

In case the name sounds familiar, Cardoso has been on various morning shows over the years, including CHFI (where she did news and occasional fill-in) and worked at 97.3 with Mike Cooper when it was still known as EZ Rock. 

She publicly thanked P.D. Mike Bendixen for allowing her to come back to a regular radio gig, although it remains to be seen if she'll be used in future fill-in roles.

April 20, 2024 10:24 pm  #2

Re: Christine Cardoso Back On The Radio In Toronto - At Least For Now

RadioActive wrote:

She publicly thanked P.D. Mike Bendixen for allowing her to come back to a regular radio gig,

This comes across as kinda creepy.

April 20, 2024 11:02 pm  #3

I have to say it didn't come across that way. I heard her say it as almost an off-the-cuff remark at the top of the show before quickly moving on to something else.

April 21, 2024 7:18 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

In case the name sounds familiar, Cardoso has been on various morning shows over the years, including CHFI (where she did news and occasional fill-in) and worked at 97.3 with Mike Cooper when it was still known as EZ Rock.

She also popped up doing some guest hosting work at 1010 earlier this spring, co-hosting with Richard Crouse on (the seemingly permanent-hostless) "The Rush".

April 21, 2024 7:21 am  #5

For a show called "The Rush," they sure don't seem to be in one to find a permanent replacement.  

April 21, 2024 9:49 am  #6

I'm grateful for any live radio that's not paid advertising on weekends, so I do listen to the 640 morning show.  Mulroney is okay, when he's there, but I find the show is generally aimed at women.  Female entrepreneurs, entertainers, child care experts, workplace consultants, women's lifestyle 'influencers' etc.  I really don't need to hear another guest giving advice on how to negotiate the terrible two's or to get your teen off social media.