sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2024 8:26 pm  #1

Tim Denis Retires

610 CKTB Morning host Tim Denis has announced his retirement. News comes from MilkmanUnlimited.com. Very short statement. Story on CKTB website says April 30th will be his last show.

Went to see the 610 CKTB Website, and they changed it. It's no longer part of the iHeartRadio.

Announcement from Milkman: https://www.milkmanunlimited.com/post/tim-denis-announces-retirement

Story from CKTB: https://www.610cktb.com/news/610-cktbs-tim-denis-receives-award-at-state-of-the-region-following-retirement-announcement.html

New CKTB Website: https://www.610cktb.com/

Last edited by Brad (March 27, 2024 8:29 pm)

March 27, 2024 8:35 pm  #2

Re: Tim Denis Retires

Brad wrote:

Went to see the 610 CKTB Website, and they changed it. It's no longer part of the iHeartRadio.

It is. Bell's NewsTalk stations have new websites, and they moved the iHeart branding from the bottom-left to the top-right.

March 27, 2024 8:38 pm  #3

OK. But the URL is no longer iheartradio.ca/(insert station here)

March 27, 2024 8:45 pm  #4

Looks like he's getting out while the getting is good. No one is sure what's coming next at CKTB once the new owners get their hands on it. Although he insists in his statement he made the decision before the sale happened. A bit hard to believe but OK, in which case he's very fortunate. 

You can hear his announcement here.

March 27, 2024 8:47 pm  #5

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens. New owners can't afford to keep losing money on it.

March 27, 2024 9:10 pm  #6

From the Niagara Falls Review, via The St. Catharines Standard:

Niagara's morning man Tim Denis calls it a day

Never knew about his association with Shania Twain.

But it's a reader in the comments section that really sums it up for me.

"I suppose after you retire, there’s no sense in listening to any talk shows on CKTB since everything will just be a copy of talk shows from CFRB 1010 anyways."

Touché! But it won't be the case once the new guys are in charge, since they'll lose all access to the Bell programming. Which means if they remain as News/Talk, there will be a lot of time to fill. It will be fascinating to see what they choose to do it with. 

March 28, 2024 4:10 pm  #7

Good for Tim. I didn't spend a lot of time at 12 Yates Street but Tim was very welcoming to me while I was there.

Blew my mind when I learned Tim also performed in the Shaw Festival. The man's a talent and CKTB won't be the same for me.

Last edited by Binson Echorec (March 28, 2024 4:10 pm)

March 28, 2024 8:52 pm  #8

Denis also had a 17 year side gig doing a syndicated weekly trucker radio show with Stan Campbell. Depending where broadcast it was called 'Drivers Show' 'American Driver Radio Show' 'The Canadian Driver's Radio Show' finally 'Trucker Radio with Stan Campbell'. He did news and commentary. Stan Campbell and Denis go back 40 years.

It was Campbell (as producer) who got the unknown Shania Twain in the studio for background vocal. I heard Denis on-air tell the story of the two of them duetting on stage at Deerhurst Resort, in probably the summer of 87 or 88.

Another remembrance is the week he spent broadcasting perched/living on a billboard to raise money for United Way. Did this twice 2005 and 2006.

Real name Cockroft.

April 22, 2024 10:25 pm  #9

Steph Vivier, who is currently hosting weekends on Move 105.7, has been announced as the new morning host for 610 CKTB after Tim's last broadcast on April 30th.