sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2024 3:23 pm  #1

New Contender

The ubiquitous R.O.V.E. (Ridiculously Overpriced Very Expensive) furniture ads are bordering on 'Spence' channel-changing irritation, and that ain't easy.

March 27, 2024 3:29 pm  #2

Re: New Contender

Plus I don't understand the business model. I have to pay you $200 for a "membership" in order to have the "privilege" of paying you more for new furniture I'm probably only going to buy once? Why would I want to do that?

At least at Costco, you can go shopping as many times as you want after purchasing a membership. How often am I going to buy expensive furniture in a lifetime? Is it worth 200 bucks on top of the other costs for that?

Sorry but it makes no sense to me. 

That's what I think of every time I hear this spot. And yes, I hear it an awful lot lately. 

March 28, 2024 12:05 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Plus I don't understand the business model. I have to pay you $200 for a "membership" in order to have the "privilege" of paying you more for new furniture I'm probably only going to buy once? Why would I want to do that?

At least at Costco, you can go shopping as many times as you want after purchasing a membership. How often am I going to buy expensive furniture in a lifetime? Is it worth 200 bucks on top of the other costs for that?

Sorry but it makes no sense to me. 

That's what I think of every time I hear this spot. And yes, I hear it an awful lot lately. 

It sounds like they're going after the first time home buyers. (house or Condo)
That $200 membership fee includes complimentary design consultation. ROVE MEMBERS PROGRAM25% OFF SITE-WIDE + 20% BACK IN VOUCHER* For C$200* annually, member benefits include:

• 25% off site wide for an entire year.
  • 20% back in voucher*
  • Complimentary design consultation.
  • Dedicated concierge order service.
  • VIP access to sales events.  

*Voucher cap at $500, up to $1000 during promotional events.
*Promotional offer.

Direct link:  https://www.roveconcepts.com/membership

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 28, 2024 4:12 pm  #4

So I'm the only one who can't stand the person yelling "WHY NOT?" in the AGM Renovations commercials?

March 28, 2024 4:39 pm  #5

Binson Echorec wrote:

So I'm the only one who can't stand the person yelling "WHY NOT?" in the AGM Renovations commercials?

But you can get a free home inspection!!

March 28, 2024 4:59 pm  #6

Binson Echorec wrote:

Hardly.