sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2024 8:55 am  #1

Not so safe, Sportsnet!

While watching the Leafs game on Saturday, Sportsnet ran a spot promoting their Blue Jays coverage and all the ways to watch. In one scene there’s a woman walking along a subway platform watching her phone while a train is blasting past her.

I get it, Rogers has our subways covered but this scene is exactly what people should not be doing, walking along a subway platform, watching their phone and oblivious to their surroundings. Nice promo other than that, poor form Rogers on that faux pas, should run it by you PR people, or anyone with common sense.

March 25, 2024 12:16 pm  #2

Re: Not so safe, Sportsnet!

This just shows how much this behaviour has become accepted that people don't even notice anything is wrong with it.
The other day I was driving on one of my local streets when a young man in a jogging outfit ran across the street from between parked cars.
He was down the road from me a bit, so I didn't have to slam on my brakes, but I did automatically hit my horn because he was wearing headphones and looking down at his phone as he jogged in front of me.
It was just a sharp toot, not a prolonged horn blast.
After I honked he stared up, his face full of anger, and he ran over to my driver's side window and began berating me.
He even said he had a video camera attached to his head phones to record "people like you."

I commented, something like, "OK, I'm just trying to save your life, that's all,' and I drove on.

March 25, 2024 1:28 pm  #3

You were in the wrong. It wasn't worth saving...

March 25, 2024 1:43 pm  #4

Saul wrote:

You were in the wrong. It wasn't worth saving...

What we need is a damn good flood.

I'm already building my ark.