sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2020 10:32 pm  #1

Stingray launches music video channel Stingray Country

Two questions - will it ever be offered on your system and if it is, will anyone watch it?

Stingray launches music video channel Stingray Country

February 18, 2020 11:07 pm  #2

Re: Stingray launches music video channel Stingray Country

Stingray has a whole whack of video channels. Stingray Hits!, Vibe, Loud, Retro, Juicebox, Classical etc, and now Country.  They are all well done, just videos, station breaks and no commercials, but I did read that they plan to sell ads on these stations at some point.

I have Bell and I think they still have Stingray Satellite Music audio channels on,somewhere, but I don't listen to them often. Some of Stingray's music channels were actually as good if not better than XM Sirius, but, only have so much time for this, even Sirius I am not listening to nearly as much.

Sometimes when I am skimming by I will watch some of the video channels, great stereo sound and their music choices on Retro and Hits! can be interesting. And yes they do play cancon!  Nice to see some of the old videos that Much Music played back in the day. Even though the music industry has been getting hammered sales wise over the past 10-15 years, they still do invest in new videos.

February 18, 2020 11:24 pm  #3

i get bored quickly with stingray's channels available on bell.  but if you're a subscriber, then go to their website.  it has so many unique sub-channels.

February 19, 2020 11:31 am  #4

Stingray does things very well.  Stingray Retro I watch often when I want my fix of older 80s-2000 music.   Their mobile app is also excellent.  I love what they do.