sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2017 7:02 pm  #1

The Jack Berkovits show on 640 tonight wasn't half bad.

Aside from some shameless self-promoting on the show, it was live radio in a bit of a dead zone as far as live local radio goes and his topics were relevant, people were engaged, listening, calling and participating...

I'd give it another listen in...

But I must admit I miss Rex Murphy with his CBC show...even though Cross Country Check-up has a new host, it is not quite the same.

Today for some reason most AM stations were playing syndicated or pre-recorded/previously aired programs...I tend to tune out...so as mentioned it was nice to hear something local on 640 and live...where 640 is a station that usually plays one of those pre-recorded shows...

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 21, 2017 11:32 am  #2

Re: The Jack Berkovits show on 640 tonight wasn't half bad.

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Aside from some shameless self-promoting on the show....

I found it amusing that when one of his ad spots came on during his premier broadcast, he apologized profusely ("That wasn't suppose to happen. It won't happen again.") and said he wanted to keep Jack the show host & Jack the jeweler completely separate. That lasted until the next show. Now, in addition to the ads, he even works his deals into his discussion.

That aside, I, too, enjoy the show when I catch it.

June 21, 2017 6:20 pm  #3

Re: The Jack Berkovits show on 640 tonight wasn't half bad.

If you want a real potent drinking game, take a shot every time Jack plugs one of his businesses. Why is his "show" not labelled as paid advertising? Is his appearance as a host contingent on them airing his spots during every cluster? After all, when RB finally turfed his butt off-air, his ads magically disappeared. I wonder how his "going out of business/closing" sale is going? It's probably still running along with his Boxing Months promos.