sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2015 2:59 pm  #1

CBC TV Host Found Dead In Toronto Alleyway

Can't say I ever watched "Steven And Chris" even once, but the circumstances of Chris Hyndman's sudden death are certainly bizarre. He was found VSA in an alleyway near Queen and Broadview on Monday night. Cops are being very tight lipped about the death, which came just after the deceased returned from a trip to Barbados. 

CBC.ca: Christopher Hyndman, co-host of CBC's Steven and Chris, dead at 49

Toronto Star: Chris Hyndman of CBC’s Steven and Chris show found dead in alley

Last edited by RadioActive (August 4, 2015 3:08 pm)

August 4, 2015 4:11 pm  #2

Re: CBC TV Host Found Dead In Toronto Alleyway

Such a shame.  I know no real detail but this is just plain sad.  Sorry Steven for your loss.

August 4, 2015 9:42 pm  #3

Being found in an alleyway is certainly strange... but it could just be that he was stepping out of public view to urinate when he had some kind of fatal heart attack or other undiagnosed condition materialized...

August 6, 2015 11:46 am  #4

This already sad story just got even more bizarre, if what his mother suspects is true. It would, however, explain why he might have been in an alleyway near his home. 

Chris Hyndman's mother believes he died sleepwalking

August 6, 2015 12:50 pm  #5

I guess he must not have had any sleepwalking incidents for most of his adult life, I certainly would not buy a residence high up in any building if I suffered from sleepwalking (for just the very reason as to what his mother suggests was the cause of his death).  At least not one with a balcony.

August 6, 2015 1:42 pm  #6

I would guess that in this type of situation, a parent desperately looks for an answer, and settles on something that can at least get them to sleep for a few minutes till they remember what has happened.  

IMHO which is never humble, I don't think the mother should have been asked 'what happened'.  Or at least, her response shouldn't have been aired.  

My brain won't let me even start to comprehend what I would be like if, as a parent, this happened to me.  Especially if I was 1700 miles away.  The only thing to come out of airing her comment is now wild speculation, and I doubt at this stage she honestly has any better idea what motivated the incident, any more than the coroner.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

August 6, 2015 2:23 pm  #7

Some comments in the Star took the paper to task for this very thing. Since there was no foul play, cops won't be releasing the cause of death, although I suppose the family could if it chose to. It's certainly a strange tale and I would have hated to be the reporter who was ordered to make that phone call. Always one of the worst parts of the news  biz.