sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2017 9:37 am  #1

McCrappy Day On The Radio

Since when did it become mandatory for every radio station in Canada to go all out for McHappy Day?

May 3, 2017 10:08 am  #2

Re: McCrappy Day On The Radio

Well if McDonalds is sponsoring each station, the cause is great exposure... I don't really blame stations for being involved. 

May 3, 2017 11:26 am  #3

the free WiFi is also cholesterol-free 

May 3, 2017 3:34 pm  #4

grilled.cheese wrote:

Their coffee is superior to Tim Hortons.

While I don't agree, I will give them credit for maintaining the same taste from location to location.
That's something Tim Horton's failed to deliver on.
A great cup at one location and a crappy cup at another. 
Sometimes I wonder how some TH locations get to keep the good Tim Horton's name.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 3, 2017 7:44 pm  #5

Dunno if it's still true but their advertising reps used to threaten stations that they'd cut their advertising there if they didn't go all out to promote this "event."

May 3, 2017 9:04 pm  #6

It's so easy...so OFTEN...to find fault with a whole heap of corporate entities.  A huge number of them are really just posers and fakers and they hunt for their 'good will' brownie points with a transparent amount of obvious hypocrisy.  No...I won't drag Ray Kroc's crock down with examples.  Even dirty Ray got this one right.

Rotten Ronny's, though, has been doing this 'day' close to forever and their Ronald McDonald houses do a LOT of good for a LOT of people who really NEED it.  I'll give 'em shit when they deserve it.  THIS ain't one of those times.  Good on 'em.  The copy-cats could only hope to do as well.  Tim's summer camps seem valid too.  Many others...not so much.

May 4, 2017 1:35 pm  #7

Mike Cleaver wrote:

their advertising reps used to threaten stations that they'd cut their advertising there if they didn't go all out to promote this "event."

geo (no relation) cohon has always been big on quid pro quo